Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The finest combat revolver ever made.

The finest combat revolver ever made.

I believe I now own it. I posted my Jim Clark Smython in the 4" revolver picture thread. At the time it had Craig Spegel extended boot grips. The grips looked great, but just didn't feel quite right for the gun. The Spegels now reside on a blue 3" Model 10. Today I received a very expensive set of handmade custom Guy Hogue grips from before "Hogue Grips" that we know today. They are literally "perfect" on the Smython. They are textured differently all the way around te grip and are at an ergonomic level that words cannot do justice to. Enjoy.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The other side....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I do say, that is a dead sexy blending of the species !

Sigh.
    I always admired the pre-Monogrip Hogues.

Because now I feel like I can't live without one, and I don't know much about revolvers, what is the model of this pistol and where can I find one?

A quick google search shows these are unicorns and yours is probably worth more than the car I drive.

A hard chromed one was recently on gunbroker for $1600.

I had a pair of those stocks on my first PPC gun. The frame on that Eversull-built gun was "birdsheaded".

You know how its fashionable these days to cut off the lower rear corner of a 1911 to enhance concealment? The birdshead job cut off the FRONT lower corner of a K grip frame, to enhance grip by keeping one's pinky in line with the other fingers. It worked, too.

Ken Eversull was personal friends with Guy Hogue, and the latter gentleman made those stocks for Ken's bull guns for several years before starting up his company. If I had only known all of that a few years earlier, I certainly would have kept those stocks when I traded the gun.

That morphed hybrid... is by far, the most voluptuous dark object , I have ever had a longing for.
    Not saying ...I don't like Halle Berry, or the memory of young, Pam Greer
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Site Supporter
    That is stunning. On a serious note, what specifically about it makes it the finest 'combat' revolver? I think I understand that the Python barrels were more accurate with wadcutters for PPC shooting but other than the vent rib barrel, how is it superior to a standard 4" 586? Or perhaps by finest you mean top quality, jewel like, etc, which it certainly is.
    adam

User Tag List