Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripforce Adaptors

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    JV, is that contoured mag release an OEM part?
    Glock makes an extended mag release. I rounded the edges, which ended up mirroring the rounding of a Vickers release, with a dremel sanding drum and file. It's nice that it's only a $4 part.

http://www.glockmeister.com/Mag-Catc...uctinfo/G1981/

FWIW: When I removed the grooves from the GFA, I was getting a bit of "bite" from the enlarged area that surrounds the pin hole, it needed to be relieved as well.

OK enough poeple have praised the GFA that I am now wanting to try one myself. I looked at the website and noticed that they sell a small tube of black silico, which I assume is for attching the bottom part to the weapon. Is this needed and did those of you who have one use it? Wanted to know before I ordered.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    The silicone is for:

SEMI-PERMANENT INSTALLATION
    FOR GRIP FORCE ADAPTERS
    FOR MILITARY / LAW ENFORCEMENT /
    HARD DUTY USE
    http://gripforceproducts.com/INSTALLATION_C9DT.html

I did NOT use it.

I did not use the silicone nor do I see a need for it.
    #RESIST

Thanks guys! Did not notice the install links on the website. DUH!!!

We are diminished
    I haven't used the silicone, either. My pistol has seen many thousands of rounds through it with the GFA. However, I've not dropped out of any airplanes or wrestled with any gorillas lately. So YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I haven't used the silicone, either. My pistol has seen many thousands of rounds through it with the GFA. However, I've not dropped out of any airplanes or wrestled with any gorillas lately. So YMMV.
    Well I am sure TSA will not let me board an airplane with my pistol even if I promise to jump out of it and since the Riverbanks Zoo made me quit wrestling their gorrilas I am sure I will be ok not using the silicon.

We are diminished
    On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Grip Force wouldn't offer it as a solution if it was unnecessary. So folks who may subject the gun to greater stress than merely shooting it might seriously consider the modification.

put my GFA on today, what a difference. I am really surprised by how much improvement it made with my G19. Previously it would chew the shit out of my SH when shooting, and it pointed differently enough from my CZ that I alway have to work at it. With the GFA the gun seems to point pretty much the same, much less effort on my part when shooting at speed as well. Not sure that I like the center ridge in the top part of the GFA being slightly more pronounced, but unless I get a massive blister from using it, I don't think I'll change it. Very very impressed with it. I did have to remove a bunch of grip tape to fit it on the gun, but that wasn't any kind of big deal.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    How much do you figure it adds to the overall circumference of the grip?

I have to admit I now feel an increasing desire to wrap my hands around your Glock.

awkward...

User Tag List