Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Gripforce Adaptors

I just added the Gripforce to my G19 and took it to the range today. I saw an immediate improvement in the guns handling. However I experienced my first two malfunctions with this Glock ever. It was two failure to feeds. It has probably had 500-600 rounds through it since the last cleaning. Could the change in how I grip the pistol suddenly cause this?

Started rocking the new 2nd gen GFA's--I like them very much for G19's. For G17's I like the slightly longer extension down the grip of the 1st gen, however the smooth beavertail and closer fit to grip of the 2nd gen are very appealing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Doc -

How do you find the installation of te Gen 2 GFA over the Gen 1 specifically on your RTF Glock ? I had a lot of difficulty with installing the Gen 1 on my G17RTF.

1st gen, 2nd gen, regular, RTF--it has not mattered, as so far none of the several dozen installs I've done has taken more than 60-90 sec...

For those concerned, IDPA has changed their initial ruling and the GFA is no longer IDPA-legal in SSP. It is permitted in ESP, though.

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/8651/Grip-Force-Adapter

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    For those concerned, IDPA has changed their initial ruling and the GFA is no longer IDPA-legal in SSP. It is permitted in ESP, though.
    Thanks. We have a thread for this discussion over here: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...n-SSP-for-IDPA

I just installed the NEW smooth grip force adapter on my new gen4 19. I ordered one, and it shipped with the earlier ribbed version and the new smooth version.

Grip angle is improved; bore axis and trigger reach are increased slightly.

Also, there is a small gap along the side edges of the installed GFA. I notice it only when I remove my strong hand from the pistol grip; there is a sense of scraping the edge of the grip force adapter as you draw your hand back from the grip.

Is this simply to be expected?

Update:

From the website, it's clear that the NEW smooth version is designed to fit over the "standard" or medium grip, not the "naked" gen 4.

this is disappointing for me.

An adhesive is recommended for use on the naked grip; I assume this would hold the GFA tighter along the sides, eliminating the little gap.

Next question: will an adhesive leave permanent marks/scars/rough spots on the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    1st gen, 2nd gen, regular, RTF--it has not mattered, as so far none of the several dozen installs I've done has taken more than 60-90 sec...

Same here. I recieved my two(Gen1 and Gen2) GFAs in the mail yesterday evening, and it literally took me less than a minute to replace the pin and snap one onto my G17 RTF2. Although I ended up putting the new slick GFA on my G19, because of its shorter back strap. I put the gen1 GFA on the G17. Now I just need to get a dremel tool. The slick beaver tail feels great.
    Last edited by cgcorrea; 03-20-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Typo

I have had the new GFA on and off several Gen 4 Glock pistols a half dozen times. I like the way the GFA feels, but I don't note any difference in draw time or accuracy -- except I have definitely confirmed by repeated testing, as recently as this week, that the GFA adds about .03 to my splits on a high probability target. I think the longer trigger reach with the GFA causes my trigger finger to be in a less relaxed position, and thus less able to work the trigger as easily.

User Tag List