Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripforce Adaptors

Gripforce Adaptors

While initially a bit skeptical, I have added Grip Force Adaptors (http://gripforceproducts.com) to my Glocks and am truly impressed by the benefits they offer, as noted by Todd and others.

As a long time 1911 shooter, when I press out a stock Glock, particularly the G17/G22, I typically find the front sight sitting too high and have to consciously cock my wrist down. The GFA slightly changes the Glock grip angle, resulting in a perfect natural sight alignment when I press the pistol out. The GFA beavertail helps to ensure a more positive grip when aggressively drawing the pistol. It also provides more leverage which seems to help control the pistol during recoil on fast shot strings. The timer indicates I am having both a faster draw and quicker splits when I use a GFA equipped Glock. The web of my shooting hand occasionally gets bitten by a stock Glock slide--especially during high round count training sessions; the GFA beavertail seems to eliminate this possibility.

Installation is quite simple and takes about 60 seconds. I have modified all my GFA's. On the G17, I just reduce the ridges on the underside of the beavertail using a Dremel tool. With the G19, I do the same ridge reduction, but also cut the grip portion in half. All the 3rd gen Glocks I use have been stippled, so the GFA's on those pistols also got stippled.

On RTF2 pistols, the GFA’s built in texture works fine, so I modify them as described above, but without sippling.

All in all I am quite pleased with the GFA and now consider it a desirable addition to my Glocks.

great work, why do you shorten the GFA on the g19?
    I recently just put a GFA (unmodified) on my g19. only been to the range once so i havent had time to form a good opinion on it.

We are diminished
    The GFA is high on my list of "why didn't someone think of that sooner?" accessories. Since I'm lazy this Sunday morning, I'll just copy what I wrote on PTC a month ago:

Honestly, I don’t want to like the GFA. The gun feels better in my hands without it. But not only are my press-outs faster and more certain, even my blind splits are faster thanks to the improved leverage. Running some 5-shot speed drills I was regularly getting splits in the high teens and hit a number of 0.13′s using the GFA. Without the GFA, those numbers were all about three hundredths of a second higher. That’s the same difference you see in the averages between the with & without GFA FAST run comparison, too. Now I’m the last guy to say that three hundredths of a second on your blind splits is critical. If you can get it for just $26.95 shipped, though…

Let’s face it, you have to choose shoots better over feels nice.

I'll be blogging a review and posting one here soon, but I shot better with the GFA installed. You really don't know how good it feels until you try it and then then shoot without it. My pressout seems....better with it.
    #RESIST

Concur. I've been using my GFA for about 3 weeks now, and it's never coming off of my Glock 17. It's that good.

Ok, since Doc, TG, and GS are all in, I feel like I am left out of the cool kid club without one. So I suppose I'll get one. Not that I actually ever shoot my Glock, but if for some crazy reason I decide to, I want .13 splits too.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

While the full size GFA fit my hand perfectly on the G17, on the G19 the GFA tail end was uncomfortable so I cut it back until it no longer dug into my palm. IIRC, ToddG has a cut GFA on his G17. The GFA's are cheap enough so you can afford to experiment a bit.

The owner of Grip Force saw this thread and emailed me, suggesting that the ridges on the underside of the GFA where it fits against the pistol backstrap can be reduced if one wants the device to fit more flush against the grip--especially when cut down like on the G19's above. Well, I took his advice and gave it a try--like the man said, it makes the GFA fit even better. Good company, good product--I'll be getting more of these!
    Last edited by DocGKR; 09-04-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Another thumbs up Gor the GFA. I have them on my 35, 17 and 19 and love the grip angle. Installation was a breeze
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Ok, since Doc, TG, and GS are all in, I feel like I am left out of the cool kid club without one. So I suppose I'll get one. Not that I actually ever shoot my Glock, but if for some crazy reason I decide to, I want .13 splits too.
    LOL same here (except I shoot them almost exclusively). I'm leaning on ordering two.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List