Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the high visibility front sight worth how wide they are?

I think that the benefits of the high visibility front sights definitely outweigh the negatives.

I have purchased another pair of the Amerigo's for my duty gun and also like the fact I will have the exact same sights on my on duty 17 as I will have on my off duty 19.

Thank you all for your help!

Site Supporter
    I wasn't a big fan of the HD's or ProGlo due to how wide they are. I've now got TCAP's on 6 Glock's and love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the HD's or ProGlo due to how wide they are. I've now got TCAP's on 6 Glock's and love them!
    I like so far having some tritium on the rear sights I think, but like the idea of the thinner front sight.

How do you like working with the rear sight that the TCAP and CAPS have?

I was thinking about this thread this afternoon, shooting a Compact 320 .40 with Sig OEM night sights, out to 75 yards on eight inch steel. The Sig sights are tight, maybe .10 between front and rear, and that relationship seems more important to me than the thickness of the front sight. Tighter helping at long distance.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was thinking about this thread this afternoon, shooting a Compact 320 .40 with Sig OEM night sights, out to 75 yards on eight inch steel. The Sig sights are tight, maybe .10 between front and rear, and that relationship seems more important to me than the thickness of the front sight. Tighter helping at long distance.
    If I remember correctly also, the SIG OEM night sights are pretty squared off with decently thick front sight right?

So maybe it's more important the relationship/size between the front sight and rear sight and the width of the front sight (just by itself) is not as important?

Posted in the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was thinking of messing with a pro glo front and defoor rear .150

As for width...

Some think no daylight is more accurate; some think less...

I think each person is a little different.

I do think many dots and colors can be too much information.

I use Dawson black charger rear and a .105 fiber front on duty/carry and competition.

I do not believe their is a universal answer on this one. Do what works best for you.
    A71593

User Tag List