Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon HD Rears Driving Me Crazy

Trijicon HD Rears Driving Me Crazy

I'm a big fan of the HD front and have them on the vast majority of my Glocks; the few Glocks I have without them will be upgraded when their current lamps dim. However, I'm not a big fan of the Trijicon rear sights because they are fricken HUGE. Not only are they big, they are sharp as hell and cause fraying of my shirts when carried OWB at 3-4 o'clock every day. They also cut into my luv handles when I bend toward my strong side, but that's another problem for a different thread. Anyway, I've out fitted my Glocks with the AmeriGlo ProGlo fronts (made in conjunction with Trijicon and indistinguishable from the HD) since their front sight can be ordered separately and matched with any number of more reasonably profiled rear sight options. I wish to hell that Trijicon would follow AmeriGlo's lead and have an option to just purchase the HD fronts.

Now, I'm faced with a rather expensive problem. The problem is that AmeriGlo does not offer the ProGlo for popular brands such as Sig and Novak cut 1911s. Thus, I'm faced with several (think 7 or 8) 1911s and an equal number of Sigs with old tritium lamps that need to be replaced, and no way to upgrade to HD fronts without purchasing the Trijicon rears that look like the Statue of Liberty standing proud...ugh.

AmeriGlo or Trijicon, if you can hear me - make a stand alone Novak cut 1911 HD front. I will buy LOTS of them often. Alas, I wait...life sucks.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

AmeriGlo does make the "Spartan Operator" for Sigs that is very similar to an HD. Look up SG-446 or the SG-212-220 for a front only. https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sig...ights/sigsauer

If you see the "sharp rear sight" thread, we discuss much of this.

You can buy just a HD front from Optics Planet. Looking at dimensions on the Heinie and Trijicon website, I believe the HD front will pair nicely with the Heinie Ledge .156 width rear. I have a Heinie rear sight inbound to test this. I believe the Heinie rear is nicely rounded.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Optics Planet sells just the Glock HD front sights:

Trijicon GL101FO-185: Fits Glock Hd Orange Front Outline Sight Only .185 High
    Trijicon GL101FO-230: Fits Glock Hd Orange Front Outline Sight Only .230 High
    Trijicon GL101FO-245: Fits Glock Hd Orange Front Outline Sight Only .245 High
    Trijicon GL101FY: Fits Glock Hd Yellow Outline Front Sight Only
    Trijicon GL101FY-185: Fits Glock Hd Yellow Front Outline Sight Only .185 High
    Trijicon GL101FY-230: Fits Glock Hd Yellow Front Outline Sight Only .230 High
    Trijicon GL101FY-245: Fits Glock Hd Yellow Front Outline Sight Only .245 High
    Trijicon GL101FO: Fits Glock Hd Orange Outline Front Sight Only
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon...t-outline.html

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you see the "sharp rear sight" thread, we discuss much of this.

You can buy just a HD front from Optics Planet. Looking at dimensions on the Heinie and Trijicon website, I believe the HD front will pair nicely with the Heinie Ledge .156 width rear. I have a Heinie rear sight inbound to test this. I believe the Heinie rear is nicely rounded.
    I await your analysis with baited breath...

And don't hold your breath for Ameri Glo to produce TCAPs for the Sig. I e-mailed them and they aren't even thinking about it. Maybe the rise of the P320 will change that.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

That's funny. When he tried to get back into shooting Sigs a year or so ago, I seem to remember Todd posting that they were in the works.
    David S.

I remember Todd saying that which is why I contacted them to find out when.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I've run a Heinie Slant Pro Ledge Rear with a Trijicon HD front sight. The Heinie rear is the same height as the Trijicon. The Heinie is not as sharp as the Trijicon but the problems with it sticking out and chewing holes in shirts are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've run a Heinie Slant Pro Ledge Rear with a Trijicon HD front sight. The Heinie rear is the same height as the Trijicon. The Heinie is not as sharp as the Trijicon but the problems with it sticking out and chewing holes in shirts are the same.
    Great to known Pablo. I went ahead and placed an order with Optics Plant for a HD front that was on sale. In my research of potential rear sights, I've been unable to find one other than the Heinie that would be both wide enough (notch) and tall enough to work with the HD front. I looked at Dawson, 10-8, Wilson, et al.

Also, a big thanks to GJM - I had no idea that Optics Plant sold just the HD fronts.

User Tag List