Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need suggestion for RMR on a rifle

need suggestion for RMR on a rifle

Have a samson "ram" rmr mount coming to T&E and would like to put it on an sbr I have.

Suggestions for which RMR to get?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

For a rifle I would definitely stay with an adjustable LED model. My preference would be the 1moa RM09 for dedicated rifle use, but the 3.25moa RM06 would be serviceable as well. If you plan on keeping the RMR around, I would probably go with the 06 since the 3.25 works well on pistols, giving you options after the mount T&E is complete. That, and the 06 will have a broader market if you'd prefer to sell it off.

I always enjoy your reviews. Looking forward to it.

I have an RMR06 on one of my FrankenCarbines. Haven't shot it a lot yet, but so far so good.

We have used the RMR06 on carbines--they work well.

Have not yet tried the RMR09, but am looking forward to doing so.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sweet.

Thanks guys.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Past couple years I've been using an RM01 on my ARs and now my AUG. No issues with it, the factory mount, or the AD mount I have now. I haven't changed the battery yet, nor have I had any issues with the brightness of the dot. Given the costs I'd choose it again over the RM06 but either way you ought to be fine sticking with the 3.25 MOA dot. I wouldn't use a dual-illuminated model.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Any got a line on an rm06? New or used.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you're referencing the 3.25moa RM06, yes sir, that's the one.

Trijicon's page for comparison - https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...3.php?pid=RM06

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Any got a line on an rm06? New or used.
    The Amazon price of $545.99 appears to be MAP, and average price for new seems to float around $600 (Optics Planet and G&R Tactical list for $602). The only other place I see selling the RM06 for $545 is B&H, whom I've purchased quite a bit from, but I'm an Amazon Prime whore so that's a no-brainer for me. Gently used would be the way, but not sure how much time you have to dig through sales sections on various boards.

User Tag List