Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I blame Texas DPS for starting that rumor.
    That's kind of what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Is he huge?
    I do not know for certain, but I think we can assume he has thrown a few bails of hay in his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wilson View Post
    I do not know for certain, but I think we can assume he has thrown a few bails of hay in his lifetime.
    Lol dayim.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Not P320 related, but we had a burly deputy who carried an M29.
    But when semi-annual qualifications came around, he borrowed a friend's tuned Python.

What do you mean " smoked "

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The VP9 smoked everything in the Texas DPS test, so they needed to find a reason to take the Sig they wanted. Oklahoma decided to mandate that the magazine had to hold 17 rounds, which got rid of the VP9 before the test started.

Blew away; as in, out-performed all other contestants by a noticeable margin.

Yes Thank you I understood that part but what were the criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Blew away; as in, out-performed all other contestants by a noticeable margin.

They did an excellent endurance test with a good way to document problems. The newer service pistols did well. The VP9 did VERY good. Some other guns flat self destructed.

The reality of these tests are as a good "due diligence" process to document some sort of criteria before the agency buys what it usually wanted all along. Just for clarification so there is no heartburn. Nobody really expected DPS to buy the HK for political reasons alone (which are a real factor). Those of us who do like the VP9 were very happy knowing the gun itself is good and agency testing mirrored our observations on system reliability and how well hey shoot. There are way too many factors other than pure performance in these tests that are things HK still needs to contend with, including a "off duty/back up" size gun, holsters and support gear, etc.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

So do you have time on the 320 as well? If so what is your preference and why.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    They did an excellent endurance test with a good way to document problems. The newer service pistols did well. The VP9 did VERY good. Some other guns flat self destructed.

The reality of these tests are as a good "due diligence" process to document some sort of criteria before the agency buys what it usually wanted all along. Just for clarification so there is no heartburn. Nobody really expected DPS to buy the HK for political reasons alone (which are a real factor). Those of us who do like the VP9 were very happy knowing the gun itself is good and agency testing mirrored our observations on system reliability and how well hey shoot. There are way too many factors other than pure performance in these tests that are things HK still needs to contend with, including a "off duty/back up" size gun, holsters and support gear, etc.

Very little. Like most, I like the VP 9 in feel much better. I find the VP9/320 tends to be sort of a "That one is nice, but I love this one". Even in the Gray Guns shop they are having the same "Civil War". I think the 320 is a good gun and won't bash it as the ones I have shot have been fine. I have the same feelings I did for the 320 as I did with the M&P...okay, but I am not giving up the Glock for it. 320 is okay, but I am not giving up the VP9 for one. I will say, if people like modifying stuff at home, it seems like the 320 is a better choice.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List