Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Chooses the SIG P320
    More

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol has chosen the SIG P320 in 9 mm as the agency’s next duty pistol, and has placed an order for more than 800 of the full-size semi-automatic pistols.

According to a letter from the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, the pistol was selected after more than 78,000 rounds of assorted brands of ammunition were tested over a two-week period and performed without any mechanical issues.

*All of us here at SIG are proud to have the Oklahoma Highway Patrol be the first state police agency to adopt the P320,* said Tom Jankiewicz, Vice President of Law Enforcement Sales for SIG Sauer, Inc. *The pistol’s safety, accuracy and reliability are what our law enforcement customers expect in a striker-fired pistol worthy of the SIG Sauer name.*

Designed with input from law enforcement officers, the P320 offers enhanced ergonomics, a short, crisp trigger pull with a tactile reset, and the ability to take down the pistol with no tools and without the need to press the trigger.

Instructors also found that inexperienced shooters saw a reduced learning curve with the P320 and progressed more quickly through training. The pistol’s interchangeable grip modules allows each officer to have a pistol that best fits his or her hand.

*We have observed the pistol to be accurate, reliable and operator friendly,* said Lt. Todd Fenimore of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. *We are looking forward to the statewide pistol transition.*

I wish them the best.

Isn't the Texas DPS mulling over a switch to the SIG P 320 in 9mm as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I wish them the best.

Isn't the Texas DPS mulling over a switch to the SIG P 320 in 9mm as well?

Yes.

They learned from DPS and got rid of the VP9 before they even started.....saves the trouble of finding a reason at the end.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The DPS for my State is about the make the leap. They are in the final stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The DPS for my State is about the make the leap. They are in the final stages.
    To the 320 also?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    They learned from DPS and got rid of the VP9 before they even started.....saves the trouble of finding a reason at the end.
    Care to elaborate? I honestly havent paid much attention to how the Vp9 is doing. I take it there are problems?

Edit: a quick google search came up with reset issues. Is that it? I didn't read any of the corresponding articles, just checked the headlines.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Care to elaborate? I honestly havent paid much attention to how the Vp9 is doing. I take it there are problems?

Edit: a quick google search came up with reset issues. Is that it? I didn't read any of the corresponding articles, just checked the headlines.
    Perhaps he was intimating that they wanted the Sig, so they eliminated any possible contenders outright to ensure they got the Sig.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Gotcha.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The VP9 smoked everything in the Texas DPS test, so they needed to find a reason to take the Sig they wanted. Oklahoma decided to mandate that the magazine had to hold 17 rounds, which got rid of the VP9 before the test started.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List