Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    This is something I was curious about while reading through this thread. Mec-Gar is generally accepted to be the gold standard for SIG mags, but are most commonly available in 15 rounders for the 228/legacy 229 9mms, and 18 rounders for the 226s. The 13 round 228 versions and 15 round 229 versions seem to be popping up under the "OEM" label. I'm assuming that, from the same manufacturer, a 13 round mag will last longer/be more reliable over time than a 15 round mag, but have no evidence to back this up. Anyone with extensive/agency level SIG experience with these mags who can chime in?
    The SIG mags Gadfly and I are referencing are 12 round .40 caliber mags. OEM / Made in Italy aka Mec-gar. 13 round P228 mags are a known / proven quantity.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ndguns/2278326

This was local to where I live in Belleair FL.

Is it normal for companies to offer upgrades for free? As a tax payer, not complaining, it just sounded odd to me.
    Last edited by RJ; 05-25-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Not odd, just good business as it was stated in the article. Glock did the exact same thing in the eighties and nineties with Smith & Wesson and Beretta. Smith & Wesson did the same thing several years ago with their M&P to try and gain a foothold from Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ndguns/2278326

This was local to where I live in Belleair FL.

Is it normal for companies to offer upgrades for free? As a tax payer, not complaining, it just sounded odd to me.
    We were in a position to have to replace about 1,200 S&W 5946's and after a T&E process it was looking like the Glock 17 was going to be the winner. Our regional LE sales rep at the time from S&W begged us to wait 6 months as they had something "new coming out that you're going to love". After a few months, and a few non-disclosures, three pre-production M&P9's showed up for testing.

The deal made when we transition to the initial M&P9's was quite similar to that in the listed article. Companies will fight hard to steal a department away from a competitor. And depending on the current situation, some companies will fight even harder to prevent this from happening.

I shot a Sig P320 at a range demo. Then went right over to the HK Booth and shot the VP9. Both very nice firearms (Both could replace my G17gen 4 love). No scientific basis ? just like the Sig P320 better !
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

User Tag List