Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How NOT to make a felony traffic stop.

How NOT to make a felony traffic stop.

Or any other kind for that matter.

Jesus wept..................
    https://gma.yahoo.com/dash-cam-foota...opstories.html
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I had the same thought.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The article says they pulled him over for following too close. Didn't they have anything better to do? Weren't there murderers they could be...oh, right.

...wat
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

DaFuQ...

All other words fail me.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

It makes me wonder if they knew him.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I'm not the least bit surprised. There are a surprising number of cops and agencies that just don't do felony stops. Sometimes it's poor training, an it can't happen here attitude, or a fear of getting hammered for felony stopping someone that turned out to not be the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm not the least bit surprised. There are a surprising number of cops and agencies that just don't do felony stops. Sometimes it's poor training, an it can't happen here attitude, or a fear of getting hammered for felony stopping someone that turned out to not be the right person.
    Im wondering that as well. From watching the video it seems that it was not confirmed that it was the vehicle until after the suspect was out of the car...and the dispatcher says it was verified from the news agency. Ive stopped more than my fair share of vehicles and some of them from anonymous callers that just wanted the car stopped because they thought they were drunk or it ended up being some other drama (prank caller or some other bs). Im wondering if they had enough information to make a well informed decision on the vehicle before approaching the car.

Having said all that...why the fuck would you rely on a news agency to verify a wanted vehicle/person. NCIC would have verified the tag within seconds. Dispatchers can make your job extremely easy or hard as hell. Ours generally tend to suck which is why I only use them when I have no other option...as in calling in traffic stops or running someone through NCAWARE...which is our State wide warrant system. I run all my other information through the MCT which is faster than waiting on them to bother to give me it back in some abbreviated form over the radio, usually leaving out necessary information.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 06-24-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Dudes, it's day shift. At least where I come from they had different priorities than afternoon and nights.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Im wondering that as well. From watching the video it seems that it was not confirmed that it was the vehicle until after the suspect was out of the car...and the dispatcher says it was verified from the news agency. Ive stopped more than my fair share of vehicles and some of them from anonymous callers that just wanted the car stopped because they thought they were drunk or it ended up being some other drama (prank caller or some other bs). Im wondering if they had enough information to make a well informed decision on the vehicle before approaching the car.

Having said all that...why the fuck would you rely on a news agency to verify a wanted vehicle/person. NCIC would have verified the tag within seconds.

Hmmmmm ...... what if neither the suspect or the vehicle had been entered into NCIC yet and the only outlet for information regarding this suspect WAS the news media? Hmmmmmmm ......
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List