Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Cool

The King of Cool

For many years I always thought Steve McQueens gun in the movie Bullitt was a Colt Detective Special in a Safariland upside down shoulder rig. Well, as I was researching snub Pythons lately and talking myself out of spending retarded money for one, I found out that Mcqueen's gun as Lt. Frank Bullitt was actually a 2 1/2" Colt Diamondback with Detective Special grips (the grips are all you see in the famous poster and pictures. I remember seeing a snub Diamondback at the shop for a reasonable price and it had the wrong grips anyways so I decided rather than a snub Python, I would go with the "Bullitt" gun for a third of the price and more Cool points. I am much happier slapping a set of Det. Special grips on the Diamonback and watching "The" chase scene over and over. I am a big Mopar fan so I liked the Charger over the dog 390 Mustang, but that it another issue. Another cool movie gun for the collection and I did resist the exact twin of the Dead Bang Python in the case.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That is cool. The D frames fall in such a sweet spot.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Awesome gun. I am a big Steve McQueen fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Awesome gun. I am a big Steve McQueen fan.
    Don't all real guys have to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Awesome.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Don't all real guys have to be?
    Of course. I was establishing my bona fides.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    For many years I always thought Steve McQueens gun in the movie Bullitt was a Colt Detective Special in a Safariland upside down shoulder rig. Well, as I was researching snub Pythons lately and talking myself out of spending retarded money for one, I found out that Mcqueen's gun as Lt. Frank Bullitt was actually a 2 1/2" Colt Diamondback with Detective Special grips (the grips are all you see in the famous poster and pictures. I remember seeing a snub Diamondback at the shop for a reasonable price and it had the wrong grips anyways so I decided rather than a snub Python, I would go with the "Bullitt" gun for a third of the price and more Cool points. I am much happier slapping a set of Det. Special grips on the Diamonback and watching "The" chase scene over and over. I am a big Mopar fan so I liked the Charger over the dog 390 Mustang, but that it another issue. Another cool movie gun for the collection and I did resist the exact twin of the Dead Bang Python in the case.
    That's really cool.

For many years I always thought Steve McQueens gun in the movie Bullitt was a Colt Detective Special in a Safariland upside down shoulder rig. Well, as I was researching snub Pythons lately and talking myself out of spending retarded money for one, I found out that Mcqueen's gun as Lt. Frank Bullitt was actually a 2 1/2" Colt Diamondback with Detective Special grips (the grips are all you see in the famous poster and pictures)
    I thought exactly the same thing until a couple of days ago when the movie came on some cable channel and I was straining all throughout to see the barrel of the gun (even just seeing McQueen with a Dick Special would have been fine). Sometime near the end, (I don't remember if it was towards the end of the airport chase scene or the shootout itself) I got to see the barrel and it was ribbed. I thought it was a snubby Python but Diamondback makes more sense.

Malibu dry fire.
    Ignore Alien Orders

This one was manufactured and bought new in 1975, if I recall correctly. It's had less than 100 rounds through it I would guess.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List