Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The King of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That's 'cause you never had to hump one. Neither me, but an M-60 weighs about the same, and I have by God humped THAT pig over hill and dale.

But you're right in that the cool factor with a BAR is off the charts. I have been able to shoot a real one on a few occasions. Folks talk about carrying "a man's gun"… well, a BAR certainly qualifies.

I never carried a BAR, but I figure that the pig must have been worse because the BAR had a magazine while the M60 had that belt of ammo which was always pushing into you as you carried it (or spilling all over). Not a bad gun at all (when it wasn't totally worn out) but not fun to carry.

As for the High Standard riot gun, I luckily never found one. But it sure did look like an awesome weapon in the movie.

I was always in lust for:
    Colt Monitor,
    Wilson Limo Protection BAR,
    FND BAR with quick change barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I was always in lust for:
    Colt Monitor,
    Wilson Limo Protection BAR,
    FND BAR with quick change barrel.
    I highly agree with your list.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Folks talk about carrying "a man's gun"… well, a BAR certainly qualifies.

"Strong enough for a man, but Bonnie Parker liked it too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    "Strong enough for a man, but Bonnie Parker liked it too!"
    Right up until they got "Hamer'd"....they both took it like the other men who went up against Hamer.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'd love to have a sawed off BAR like Parker and Barrow packed in my work car right now. And oddly enough, my paternal grandpa "Pop" was a squid in the early '20s, got out briefly and went back into service as a Marine in the mid-'20s and was on gunboats in China during all the fireworks there. He loved his BAR.

User Tag List