Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 2

Site Supporter
    Whoa!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Oh WTF???!!!

Colin Farrell's character was my favorite so far....well, other than "Woodrugh's" girlfriend (shazaam).

Episode 2 was much better than 1, it got me interested far more than the first episode. But I understand they had to establish character back story.

It seems a much more convoluted tangle of crime and agency pissing matches than season one.

For anyone who has not worked a multi agency investigation, I can tell you "turf war pissing matches" as depicted last night do happen. Not every time, but they are not uncommon at all...

Looking forward to more.

(And Colin will be fine)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Oh WTF???!!!

Colin Farrell's character was my favorite so far....well, other than "Woodrugh's" girlfriend (shazaam).
    I doubt "was" is the correct tense.... but still ... Whoa!

Much better than E1.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Go back and watch the trailers for Season 2 they put out a while back on YouTube. I don't think we've see the last of Velcoro.

should of kept that gun out.... just sayin

I'm getting tired of Cop TV where every cop is a drunk or has ruined marriage and a fucked up family.
    BTW I suspect that shotgun assignation was a set up by Vince's Character. Why insist that the house must be visited tonight?
    Last edited by SJC3081; 06-29-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Even if the first round was a bean bag or something... I don't know how the point blank round wouldn't break bones or crush organs.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    I'm getting tired of Cop TV where every cop is a drunk or has ruined marriage and a fucked up family.
    And is on the take and/or abusing power to further personal agendas. FWIW, as a Deadwood fan, I would like to see W. Earl Brown's character, Dixon, pull himself out of the bottle and gouge out a few more eye balls.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by PSBT4117 View Post
    Almost feels like a story from an Ellroy novel.

It does

User Tag List