Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lever gun in .460S&W, and .454, and .45Colt......

New lever gun in .460S&W, and .454, and .45Colt......

I thinks it's pretty cool, assuming it works as advertised and such;

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/349135
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I hope our Alaskans, Montanan's, Idahoans, etc can weigh in about the adoption and performance of these pricey leverguns.

The .357 lever actions I've had fed .357 a little more smoothly than the shorter .38 special. I hope they have this one really well set up.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I thinks it's pretty cool, assuming it works as advertised and such;

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/349135
    My shoulders already ache just thinking about shooting one. What I really need to find is a light saber. Light, no recoil, and will cut a grizzly in two before it can reach me. Perfect for hikes in the great outdoors, dealing with home invasions or dissuading muggers and carjackers.

Am I reading correctly, MSRP pushing $3,000?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

To bad its not on a Marlin action but I digest...

Site Supporter
    Why not just a simple 45-70 for something less than $900?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Am I reading correctly, MSRP pushing $3,000?
    yup
    #RESIST

Weird!!!! I literally had a dream last night that I had a lever gun chambered in .460 S&W...

but when you can reach out and touch them from a distance you can elevate your problem-solving skills to a better level. - See more at: http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story....jz18e2qy.dpuf

How considerate of them to charge from 300 yards out.

I'm not seeing what this gives you over a decent .45-70, and why it costs as much as it does.

I would say that guns like this are long on theory and short on practical application. Lever guns are cool and all, and I own a few, but for most chores in the West where I live, they are short on practical application range. A short, mag fed, bolt action in .308 or something similar makes more sense to me. Add a side mounted flashlight for things that go bump in the night around camp and call it good. Frankly I see this $3K lever gun as geared towards the market that buys it, pulls it out of the safe for "show and tell" to impress guests, then sticks it back in the safe, not to see the light of day, until the owner wants to try to impress the next person. I also agree that a 45-70 makes a lot more sense if one just wants a purely defensive camp gun. Of course, so does a 12 gauge.

User Tag List