Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Python

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I was simply asking for that ability, IF it exists.
    I know; that's why I was sure to clarify that I was not taking a shot at your request for on-line verification.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Is there any online proof you can point me to so I can show others when this comes up - as it will - again?
    This will be fun for you on a Sunday. Go to this thread:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...-magnum-3.html

Enjoy....internet drama elsewhere. It is typical of he "internet", and "my cousin knew a SEAL who had a friend who killed Bin laden and he did it with a mK23". Along with that are links to the John Milius stuff on YouTube discussing the guns. Also, note post #57. I can vouch for Mike. Well established SME and long time LAPD and serious gun dude. I got into it on the rehash in post #106 with a typical cop look of "prove it"....because all the actual "proof" is that the guns were 6.5" Model 29-2's, including the guns, and all the folks actually involved. Then there is post #138 by a very heavyweight SME from the Smith Collectors association (which is a wonderous organization of great gun folks).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This will be fun for you on a Sunday. Go to this thread:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...-magnum-3.html

Enjoy....internet drama elsewhere. It is typical of he "internet", and "my cousin knew a SEAL who had a friend who killed Bin laden and he did it with a mK23". Along with that are links to the John Milius stuff on YouTube discussing the guns. Also, note post #57. I can vouch for Mike. Well established SME and long time LAPD and serious gun dude. I got into it on the rehash in post #106 with a typical cop look of "prove it"....because all the actual "proof" is that the guns were 6.5" Model 29-2's, including the guns, and all the folks actually involved. Then there is post #138 by a very heavyweight SME from the Smith Collectors association (which is a wonderous organization of great gun folks).
    I couldn't force myself to read the entire thread but the two posts you referenced are good enough for me. Thanks!
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Watched Dead Bang last night. Loved it, great movie. I miss the 80's.

Back in the '70's, I was heavily involved in PPC shooting. Started out with a 6" Python because I wasn't a fan of the S&W. At a match in Ohio, I was introduced to a deputy from a local sheriff's dept who, I learned, had been taught how to 'smith a Colt by Jerry Moran. I sent him my Python and it came back with a DA that was incredible. In the meantime, I ran down an old model Colt Trooper (Python action) and had it fitted with a 1" Douglas barrel, BoMar Rib, and I sent this one to the deputy. Came back with a full action job converted to DA only and a fully bobbed hammer. The DA pull was an even 4 pounds with no stacking whatsoever. It never misfired nor went out of time and I put a ton of rounds through it. It is indeed a complicated action to work on and I'd hate to have to find a gunsmith today to repair one.

User Tag List