Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Python

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I doubt it was a FHP gun if it was blue as I believe they used Nickel ones. I could be wrong though.
    Nope ... you're correct. I checked and FHP bought nothing but Nickel as issued equipment and that included other Colt revolvers like the Trooper, etc. If I understood it correctly, their issued guns should also be marked with an "FHP" designation on the grip frame.
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

ne of my all time favorite movie's has a 6" Python in a significant role. If you have not seen Dead Bang, you owe it to yourself. GREAT 80's type cop flick. They got a ton of funny details right with it.
    Wow. Haven't thought about that flick in a long time. One of Don Johnson's best. Loved the scene where he chases a guy down while hungover and then just ralphs all over the guy when he catches him.

"Your aegis? What the f*** is that? Anybody speak English around here anymore?"

Love the speedloader work in that movie.

Dead Bang was awesome. I can't count how many times I've seen it.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

If you have not seen Dead Bang, you owe it to yourself. GREAT 80's type cop flick. They got a ton of funny details right with it.
    Indeed. One of the most under appreciated cop movies out there.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Same here. I keep thinking I should sell it and get something (probably several somethings, given today's prices) that I'd actually use, but just can't do it.
    I don't get overly attached to my "stuff", but that's one of the few I kick myself for letting go. I have several other old Colt revolvers in the safe, but I don't shoot them much. If you take one to most currently working gunsmiths (who are becoming more parts replacers than smiths) they look at you as if you just came from the dark side of the moon.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    With no intention of stealing nyeti's thunder .....

This is '67 production Python that I bought in 1974. For a working teenager not making a lot of money, $125 was a pricey tab
    It certainly was a lot of money. I was a teenager in 1974. I made $1.75 per hour stocking shelves. After taxes etc, I made less than $50 per week, so a $125 pistol would have been out of the question. However, I lived in New Jersey then, so all firearms were pretty much out of the question until I moved back to the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    It certainly was a lot of money. I was a teenager in 1974. I made $1.75 per hour stocking shelves. After taxes etc, I made less than $50 per week, so a $125 pistol would have been out of the question. However, I lived in New Jersey then, so all firearms were pretty much out of the question until I moved back to the United States.
    Mine is also a sad story of not being financially able to double down.

The guy that I bought this one from had another 6" Nickel version for the same price. By the time I squirreled away the funds to make a play for this one he had just sold it a few days before. Not long afterwards someone broke into his house and stole every one of his guns.
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Wow, finally a thread where I feel a tiny bit qualified to post. Been lurking forever. Awesome forum, awesome people and awesome information. We were the first FHP Academy class (86th) to be issued the Beretta 92FS... However, in our force on force (don't remember if that it was called at the time) training, we used high polished stainless, 4" Pythons. They were kept, 15 or 20 stacked on top of each other, (like toys) in milk crates, not even in the armory but in a closet off of the gym (AKA Artie's Dojo). I asked a couple times about buying one, never got a "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Wow, finally a thread where I feel a tiny bit qualified to post. Been lurking forever. Awesome forum, awesome people and awesome information. We were the first FHP Academy class (86th) to be issued the Beretta 92FS... However, in our force on force (don't remember if that it was called at the time) training, we used high polished stainless, 4" Pythons. They were kept, 15 or 20 stacked on top of each other, (like toys) in milk crates, not even in the armory but in a closet off of the gym (AKA Artie's Dojo). I asked a couple times about buying one, never got a "yes".
    Welcome to the insanity. 4" Nickel pythons stacked in milk cartons would cause a black hole in the internet on the Colt forum.... I would imagine that FHP was one of the last places to have a ton of institutional expertise on keeping Colt actions working and timed.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Looking forward to reading your Python article. What leather are you planning to pair it with?

User Tag List