Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Wilson's 5x5 Handgun skill test

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    regular guy my ass. Nothing regular about any of that!!! Superb shooting!
    Thank you, Sir! Now, if I could only bring the rest of my shooting up to that level!

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Great shooting, I am impressed. I bit if you practice a bit you can make grand master.
    Thank you. I'll be interested to see your G17 time.

Quote Originally Posted by regular_guy View Post
    Thank you, Sir! Now, if I could only bring the rest of my shooting up to that level!
    I'm glad this came back up. I need to work on the attributes of this test more. I've not been successful breaking 20 after penalties on this the last several times trying it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    I just ran this test few days ago with my G21 and my time is 23.7 with the penalties. I will try it again with my G17 to see if I can shave a few seconds. Love to see others' time on this test.
    Check out Drill of the Week thread number 98.

I ran this drill twice yesterday, once with my 9x19 STI from my 3G rig (18.7 sec), once with my Glock 43, concealed AIWB (31.2 sec).

My scores would improve a lot of I would remember to shoot at the middle of the -0 zone, rather than the middle of the upper chest. Almost all of my misses were between the top of the -0 and the head box.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    I ran this drill twice yesterday, once with my 9x19 STI from my 3G rig (18.7 sec), once with my Glock 43, concealed AIWB (31.2 sec).

My scores would improve a lot of I would remember to shoot at the middle of the -0 zone, rather than the middle of the upper chest. Almost all of my misses were between the top of the -0 and the head box.
    You get +10 timmie points, though, for those anatomically great hits.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll have to try this out...

I'm glad this came back up. I need to work on the attributes of this test more. I've not been successful breaking 20 after penalties on this the last several times trying it.
    Same here, where are you dropping shots/time?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Same here, where are you dropping shots/time?
    GREAT question! The key question. I've never paid attention to that, just raced through the test. I'd see that I was losing some SHO points but that's about all I'd learned. The last time I tried it I don't think I'd ingrained my current grip/stance insofar as elbows and support hand method.

But what I picked up from shooting with Kevin B recently was the importance of checking each shot or string more carefully as far as diagnosis. I'm hooked on it now so I plan to pay more attention. I may set up a camera with a close up of the target each stage so I can review hits and misses later.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

GREAT question! The key question. I've never paid attention to that, just raced through the test. I'd see that I was losing some SHO points but that's about all I'd learned. The last time I tried it I don't think I'd ingrained my current grip/stance insofar as elbows and support hand method.

But what I picked up from shooting with Kevin B recently was the importance of checking each shot or string more carefully as far as diagnosis. I'm hooked on it now so I plan to pay more attention. I may set up a camera with a close up of the target each stage so I can review hits and misses later.
    Look forward to it. I recently decided to stop caring about how much I shoot/time I spend there. Instead the best thing for me to do, personally, is shoot a string, record time, record hits, and then rinse and repeat. It pisses my shooting partner off because it takes long and we shoot less rounds but I see a dramatic improvement in my shooting after a session/ next session. I think its because I can SEE what I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 11-09-2015 at 12:34 PM.

User Tag List