Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Wilson's 5x5 Handgun skill test

Bill Wilson's 5x5 Handgun skill test

Here is a nice link to WC showing some recent 5x5 skill test videos.

BJ Norris and Mike Seeklander put down some impressive runs. Norris is not human IMO.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/5x5-drill.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Here is a nice link to WC showing some recent 5x5 skill test videos.

Gabe is on the list too, I does look like he did not shoot it from concealment. That can't be right!

And a traditional double action pistol was used to lay down the fastest run yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I've been shooting a Glock 17 exclusively for the last year. Just for fun, I dusted off the CZ P-07 and finally scored a sub-15 sec. run: 13.77 +.50 = 14.27. As much as my rational mind says "stay with the Glock" (parts & accessory support), I have to admit the CZ's siren call is hard to resist! G-17 time was 16.55.

I really enjoy this test. I do it every-time I go to the range now.. Between this test, D5's, "the test" which is 10 rounds 10 seconds at 10 yards on a b8, and index accuracy drills I think I have a well rounded fundamental training session.

One thing that slapped me in the face was breakingtime posting in a other dudes journal aboit the stuff he does to track progress. I haven't done anything like that. My journal is just like me, ADD and all over the place. Been thinking about good quick drills to help track progress, was glad to see this thread pop up! I think I've ran it before, low 20's if.i remember right. Look forward to running it soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    One thing that slapped me in the face was breakingtime posting in a other dudes journal aboit the stuff he does to track progress. I haven't done anything like that. My journal is just like me, ADD and all over the place. Been thinking about good quick drills to help track progress, was glad to see this thread pop up! I think I've ran it before, low 20's if.i remember right. Look forward to running it soon!
    I am that way with everything, mostly because I have a terrible memory.

Quote Originally Posted by regular_guy View Post
    Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I've been shooting a Glock 17 exclusively for the last year. Just for fun, I dusted off the CZ P-07 and finally scored a sub-15 sec. run: 13.77 +.50 = 14.27. As much as my rational mind says "stay with the Glock" (parts & accessory support), I have to admit the CZ's siren call is hard to resist! G-17 time was 16.55.
    regular guy my ass. Nothing regular about any of that!!! Superb shooting!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I just ran this test few days ago with my G21 and my time is 23.7 with the penalties. I will try it again with my G17 to see if I can shave a few seconds. Love to see others' time on this test.
    Last edited by BCGlocker; 11-09-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regular_guy View Post
    Great shooting, I am impressed. I bit if you practice a bit you can make grand master.
    Last edited by BCGlocker; 11-09-2015 at 08:04 AM.

User Tag List