Page 81 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Site Supporter

Target Sports At It Again - HST This Time

9x19 and .40 S&W $400/case delivered, .45 ACP and .357 Sig a bit higher. Website

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    9x19 and .40 S&W $400/case delivered, .45 ACP and .357 Sig a bit higher. Website
    Thanks for that. It was hard to figure out, but they deeply discount it once it is in your cart. Until then it looks like $800. Anyway, got 500 delivered after tax for $200! Great deal.

Kings has Federal FC #4 buck in stock if anyone wants some.

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...uck-5-bx-50-cs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Kings has Federal FC #4 buck in stock if anyone wants some.

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...uck-5-bx-50-cs
    Cool.

Serious question: what’s it good for? My hierarchy for antipersonnel shotgun (non slug) is: FC#1, FC 00 8-pellet, FC 00 9-pellet.

Is this good for coyotes? Deer? (I guess it is “Buck”).

Not giving you a hard time, and I appreciate the posting. Just genuinely looking for information.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Cool.

Serious question: what’s it good for? My hierarchy for antipersonnel shotgun (non slug) is: FC#1, FC 00 8-pellet, FC 00 9-pellet.

Is this good for coyotes? Deer? (I guess it is “Buck”).

Not giving you a hard time, and I appreciate the posting. Just genuinely looking for information.
    That specific load might be good for over penetration concerns such as in an apartment. It's low recoil and #4 buck.

I'm like you, I think #1 is probably the smallest I'd want to count on and is probably the ideal load overall, but up close I'd use #4 if I had to. I'd probably limit it to 7-10 yards.

I wasn't even aware that Federal offered Flight Control in other than 00 buck except for the #1 that's unobtanium, which is why I posted. I do suspect it this #4 load would make a fine coyote load.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 01-09-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Sweet. Ive used hornady varmit #4 buck in their versatite wad to drop deer out to around 50 yards. I wouldn't hesitate to do it some more. Great performance.

And does a great job on varmits in the dark while im running through a swamp barefoot cursing at my 17 dead chicks. #4 buck gives just enough lead on target to get those small fast minks.

Site Supporter

Fiocchi 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 00 $80/Case

At Lucky Gunner. This is my practice ammo, it runs well in my 870. It's supposedly full-power ammo but my shoulder says it's about halfway between full-power and reduced recoil. It's pretty clean and patterns tightly enough to use in a typical home-defense situation IMO...though it's not replacing my Federal FC 00 eight-pellet load. Good stuff!

Site Supporter
    I stopped at Academy Sports tonight, and they had 250 round Federal Black Packs of 115 gr 9mm for $39.99, so $160 per thousand. I've never shot any of this ammo before so I only bought 500 rounds. (They only had 750 rounds left in stock.) Now that just about all of my usual online vendors charge state sales tax, I was really pleased to find brass-cased ammo for this price locally. Hopefully it shoots well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I stopped at Academy Sports tonight, and they had 250 round Federal Black Packs of 115 gr 9mm for $39.99, so $160 per thousand. I've never shot any of this ammo before so I only bought 500 rounds. (They only had 750 rounds left in stock.) Now that just about all of my usual online vendors charge state sales tax, I was really pleased to find brass-cased ammo for this price locally. Hopefully it shoots well.
    While it's shot ok for me, I've had numerous failures to extract in both my 92's.

This was last week, didn't think to post it then, but they had their "Monarch" brand 9mm brass cased for 7.99/50. It's just reboxed Armscor.

There's also a couple stores in my general area of travel that have had the Browning 9mm 124 gr FMJ in 150 round boxes for 24.99, so $.167/round. It's shot pretty well so far, but I haven't run much of it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    While it's shot ok for me, I've had numerous failures to extract in both my 92's.

This was last week, didn't think to post it then, but they had their "Monarch" brand 9mm brass cased for 7.99/50. It's just reboxed Armscor.

There's also a couple stores in my general area of travel that have had the Browning 9mm 124 gr FMJ in 150 round boxes for 24.99, so $.167/round. It's shot pretty well so far, but I haven't run much of it.
    That's all very useful info. Thanks especially for the heads up about the extraction problems. I didn't even know that Monarch made any brass-cased ammo and didn't bother to look at those boxes. I've shot just a tiny bit of Armscor, and I don't remember any problems with it, so I'll definitely keep this fact in mind the next time I'm there. The second cheapest deal on brass-cased ammo I saw tonight was 115 gr Fiocchi which was $8.99 a box.

User Tag List