Page 53 of 260 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Bill / all - Would this AE9FP 147 be a good match as training ammo if one used Federal HST 147 JHP as a carry load?
    Yes. I think that is what it was designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Just bought another case of this. With the 25% rebate (for those willing to take the extra 10 mins to remove the bar codes from the boxes) a great deal for quality ammo. As stated above - shoots very similar to Federal's 147gr hollow points.

https://sporting.myonlinerebate.com/11659/
    Last edited by DC_P; 11-04-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Just bought another case of this. With the 25% rebate (for those willing to take the extra 10 mins to remove the bar codes from the boxes) a great deal for quality ammo. As stated above - shoots very similar to Federal's 147gr hollow points.

https://sporting.myonlinerebate.com/11659/
    You don’t even have to take that long. Just cut the bar code off the cardboard case box that the ammo came in. Just got my rebate on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Jay585; 11-04-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Bill / all - Would this AE9FP 147 be a good match as training ammo if one used Federal HST 147 JHP as a carry load?
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It and the corresponding Speer Lawman are the two most regularly touted hereabouts.
    FWIW, for me, Lawman has a higher POI in Gen 4 G19 and G26 and the AE impacts more like the HST. If I had it to do over I would have compared both before buying a case of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    You don’t even have to take that long. Just cut the bar code off the cardboard case box that the ammo came in. Just got my rebate on Tuesday.
    Wow that's awesome. I was thinking you would have to sit and cut all 20 bar codes off the individual boxes. Just placed an order for some .45 now, thanks!

I was going to do that with the first case I bought but could not get the online registration to accept the bar code number from the case. I didn't want to risk it getting rejected without notification...

I was going to do that with the first case I bought but could not get the online registration to accept the bar code number from the case. I didn't want to risk it getting rejected without notification...
    I had that issue in the past as well, and then a subsequent message that the particular ammo (at the time) wasn't included in the rebate, (despite the info I had seen and read), and at that point I just decided that I'd no longer be bothered with such in the future.

I do not dispute that the savings can justify the effort if one is willing.

What I did was enter the number from the box, but then sent in the case barcode.

As long as they have the receipt from the purchase, they don’t really care. I don’t know why they even bother with the barcode, honestly. If you’re still unsure, call the number on the mail in rebate form.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

What I did was enter the number from the box, but then sent in the case barcode.

As long as they have the receipt from the purchase, they don’t really care. I don’t know why they even bother with the barcode, honestly. If you’re still unsure, call the number on the mail in rebate form.
    This.

I entered the UPC off of one box and it took it. Rebate on the case was 47 dollars and change.

I called the number and the guy said to send the UPC code off of the case container that started with 500. I got pre approved on the internet and mailed in the original sales receipt, that case bar code, and the upper part of the on line confirmation number.

Hope the check gets here by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    This.

I entered the UPC off of one box and it took it. Rebate on the case was 47 dollars and change.

I called the number and the guy said to send the UPC code off of the case container that started with 500. I got pre approved on the internet and mailed in the original sales receipt, that case bar code, and the upper part of the on line confirmation number.

Hope the check gets here by Christmas.
    Same. Much easier than what I did last time. Only complication was the shipping label they gave to print (which was not provided when I did this the first time in July) was in an unusual format. It was deliver back to me since the 'mail to' address was in sort of a non-standard location. May be worth making your own label to save confusion and expedite things...

User Tag List