Page 39 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Ordered some Magtech. ��

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yo tambien.
    Y yo...no. Tengo pregunta...

Do you use the 115gr interchangeably in the same firearms that you use heavier rounds in...or are there only specific guns with which you use the 115gr?

Is it solely a matter of price or is there more in play?

Reason I ask is because lately I enjoy shooting the Speer Lawman 147gr and the S&B 124gr out of my Glocks more than the 115gr I have a few cases of on hand.

Inquiring minds want to know...
    Last edited by blues; 06-22-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Do you use the 115gr interchangeably in the same firearms that you use heavier rounds in...or are there only specific guns with which you use the 115gr?

Reason I ask is because lately I enjoy shooting the Speer Lawman 147gr and the S&B 124gr out of my Glocks more than the 115gr I have a few cases of on hand.

I shoot 115 & 124 grain FMJ loads from my fleet of Glock 17's & 19's without issue. I jumped on this deal due to the excellent price and because I've had great luck with CBC / Magtech ammunition in the past.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I shoot 115, 124 or 147 - what ever I can get my hands on. I tend to stick with 124 grain American Eagle or lawman for shooting 25 yard B-8's just to deny myself the excuse of blaming the ammo but otherwise what ever I can get free from the .GOV or cheap in bulk.

I've previously shot 2k rounds of magtech 115grain brass case 9mm with no issues.

Magtech, CBC (both Brazil) and S&B (Czech republic) are all owned by the same company. I've had good results in the past with magtech .38 special, .44 special, 45 acp as well as CBC 5.56 and 7.62x51 NATO.

My last batch of Independence aluminum case 115 grain had some issues (documented elsewhere on PF) so I am buying brass case while the price is right.

Overstock from orders placed in anticipation of a Hildabeast win mean right now is the time to buy cheap and stack deep.

Hotter loads (NATO or +P) seem to run best in the Glocks so I'm not immediately concerned if there are issues like weak ejection with 115 range ammo. Those people in Quantico specify +P FMJ as practice ammo for this reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Strange. I just bought two cases and it showed 14 cases in stock. I came here, read your post, went back to SGA, and now it shows 17 cases in stock.
    Yeah, no idea how their inventory system works. Seems glitchy. One thing they get right is shipping. I ordered a case @1PM and had a tracking number @4. I don't know anyone who can touch that speed. Topgunsupply gets close sometimes.

magtech is the second dirtiest ammo i've ever shot, and will never shoot again.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I shoot 115 & 124 grain FMJ loads from my fleet of Glock 17's & 19's without issue. I jumped on this deal due to the excellent price and because I've had great luck with CBC / Magtech ammunition in the past.
    Thanks for emailing me, bro. I wouldn't have seen it before they sell out if you hadn't.

Personally my favorite practice ammo is 147gr American Eagle.

For $160/case, I'm not complaining. I'd do more disgusting things for $160.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Personally my favorite practice ammo is 147gr American Eagle.
    I thought I might try that next time after I finish the case of Lawman 147gr...though I seem to recall reading more positive comments regarding the Lawman than the AE as a companion for the 147gr HST. (Lawman was also a bit cheaper when I purchased a case last month.)
    Last edited by blues; 06-22-2017 at 08:16 PM.

I want to buy this deal but, dang tempting. Hopefully this means better prices across the board.

Wolf Steel case .223 was $189 a case shipped with 10 off free shipping my my sportsmansguide card. Wish I had waited

I did pick up 500 wolf steel for 64.90 on a flash one day sale.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Yeah, no idea how their inventory system works. Seems glitchy.
    What I heard is that the # available reflects the cases they have open, and that the number goes up each time they crack a new pallet.

Yeah in hindsight I think I should've gotten 2 cases. Great deal. Hopefully it'll surface again. I'd sign up for SGAmmo's email list if you haven't - they occasionally throw out awesome deals like that. That's how I learned about that one.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-23-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Just ordered a case of that Magtech 9mm for a buddy that just got his first Glock...a Gen 4 G17, and needs training ammo.

I think it was showing 9 cases left at the time I placed my order.

User Tag List