Page 30 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    S&B would be a good analogue to Lawman, IMO. I'll shoot some of my newly arrived Euro govt contract ammo this week and let you know what I think of it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    In 124gr Gold Dot and American Eagle have the same energy/velocity. The 124gr Lawman energy is 95% and velocity is 90% of the other two.

I just finished off a 1K round case of this (115gr), and it was flawless in our Sig 226 & M11. If you're running low on space in your safe for ammo, you'll love these boxes; they're considerably smaller than Lawman, Blazer, etc., since there is no space between the rounds as they sit in the slots.

Name:  S&B.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  34.0 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 04-08-2017 at 08:05 PM. Reason: grammar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I bought 150 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain FMJ last week on sale and promptly went to the range. In my G19, ejection was weak and one round had insufficient powder to operate the action. Went home and immediately ordered a case of the overrun S&B ammo mentioned by others earlier. $202.70/1000 rounds to my door. Five days from order to delivery. Haven't tried it yet. Specs provided by the seller indicates around 1150 fps for a 124 grain bullet.
    Finally got to shoot some of the S&B contract ammo today thru my G2 G19. Less recoil than my service load equivalent hand load of 5.4 grains of BE-86 behind a 122 grain hard cast flat point Dardas bullet sized .357 and just as accurate for my shooting. Kept all the rounds in the black of a B8 target center from five yards to fifteen yards. My five rounds at twenty five yards were high and to the right. Need to tighten the "nut" behind the grip. I am very pleased with the ammunition. If the weather cooperates tomorrow here in the Old Dominion, I will chronograph some of it. Sig66 is correct about the size of the ammo boxes. Very size efficient. Wished I had bought two cases. Out of stock now. Also had my first issue ever with this particular pistol today - had a failure to reset at about round 75 out of 150. Will do a detail strip and clean and put in a new trigger spring if I can find one amongst all my Glock junk.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 04-22-2017 at 04:20 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Finally got to shoot some of the S&B contract ammo today thru my G2 G19. Less recoil than my service load equivalent hand load of 5.4 grains of BE-86 behind a 122 grain hard cast flat point Dardas bullet sized .357 and just as accurate for my shooting. Kept all the rounds in the black of a B8 target center from five yards to fifteen yards. My five rounds at twenty five yards were high and to the right. Need to tighten the "nut" behind the grip. I am very pleased with the ammunition. If the weather cooperates tomorrow here in the Old Dominion, I will chronograph some of it. Sig66 is correct about the size of the ammo boxes. Very size efficient. Wished I had bought two cases. Out of stock now. Also had my first issue ever with this particular pistol today - had a failure to reset at about round 75 out of 150. Will do a detail strip and clean and put in a new trigger spring if I can find one amongst all my Glock junk.

I snagged a case of that - arrives monday. I've been spending all of my gun money on ammo because the deals are really great, and I never regret getting a deal on a case of 9mm...

SG Ammo still has plenty of the S&B contract ammo in stock.

I ordered a few cases of the S&B and so did my brother. We did one range session so far and fired off approximately 150 rounds each. No malfunctions and accuracy was consistent with other FMJ training ammo I've used. The price was right too. 10/10 would buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I did chrono five rounds on Sunday from my G19 - avg 1095 fps. Weaker than the specs given on Target Sports's page, but it shot very well today from my early '90s G2 G17. Fifty rounds fired from seven to twenty-five yards mostly in a fist sized group. This old girl still had the original "ball in the bucket" polymer sights. Might consider a set of steel OEM Glock sights for this one...

I did chrono five rounds on Sunday from my G19 - avg 1095 fps. Weaker than the specs given on Target Sports's page, but it shot very well today from my early '90s G2 G17. Fifty rounds fired from seven to twenty-five yards mostly in a fist sized group. This old girl still had the original "ball in the bucket" polymer sights. Might consider a set of steel OEM Glock sights for this one...
    If it's coming in subsonic like that, and accurate to boot, I might have to grab some of it, f it shows up again. I have an affinity for subsonic, given the building I shoot in frequently. Cuts down on the reverb.

for reference:
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/sellie...tract-ammo-mad
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sell...r-p-76501.aspx
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Ordered another case last night - this time from SG. $201.80 to my door for a K.

Ordered another case last night - this time from SG. $201.80 to my door for a K.
    Got another case coming as well. Don't think they have much left....

User Tag List