Page 245 of 260 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Just plugged it in. With shipping it comes out $240 per 1000 which coincidentally is the same as the Natchez deal. That said I’d rather have Norma 124…..

I didn’t know Norma was making ammo in the US.

Wherever it is made, that Norma 124gr is some of the cleanest stuff I have found.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Wherever it is made, that Norma 124gr is some of the cleanest stuff I have found.
    I agree. I bought four cases on line a couple years ago when someone brought it up. I’ve used most of it in classes and found in pretty accurate also.

Site Supporter
    Herter's was 115 gr FMJ. I've seen some say blah, blah but it runs for me and it's accuracy is within the range of my own ability. Given I have to go through an FFL to buy on line, Cabela's was easiest and I could browse at things.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Herter's was 115 gr FMJ. I've seen some say blah, blah but it runs for me and it's accuracy is within the range of my own ability. Given I have to go through an FFL to buy on line, Cabela's was easiest and I could browse at things.
    I was looking at some the other day. The package looked just like the WCC 9mm I just bought, that is why I was wondering. I would have zero problem buying some if it was the cheapest I could find.

Sorry you are going to have to go the way of the ammo background checks. It’s a real pain in the ass and one of the gun related things I enjoy most about leaving Kalifornia.

Site Supporter
    One day Scotus will save us or so we are told. At today's match, one guy had a bad day as his buddy's reloads refused to do the deed. Folks lent him some factory to continue.

Moved for family reasons. So that's that.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Just plugged it in. With shipping it comes out $240 per 1000 which coincidentally is the same as the Natchez deal. That said I’d rather have Norma 124…..

I didn’t know Norma was making ammo in the US.
    I bought some during the panic and shot the last of it this afternoon. The box says it's made in Hungary. Not sure if that's changed since 2020-21.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I bought some during the panic and shot the last of it this afternoon. The box says it's made in Hungary. Not sure if that's changed since 2020-21.
    The add says Norma USA so I just assumed they had set up production here like Fiochi did. I see TargetSportsUSA selling Hungarian Ammo through the Republic Brand. Can't imagine there being too many ammo plants in Hungary. Isn't Norma part of one of the big ammo conglomerates?
    Last edited by Suvorov; 08-27-2023 at 07:18 PM. Reason: wrong distributor

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Winchester has a 25% off centerfire rifle plinking ammunition rebate running, for up to 150 USD back. At Target Sports-USA, with my Prime membership, I was able to buy M193 and 55 gr .223 Rem for 29.67 CPR (plus tax), assuming the rebate comes through. I bought both if only because you need to cut the UPC off of each box for the rebate, and the 1000 round case of 55 gr. .223 Rem was one of the three SKUs that Winchester was accepting just the UPC on the case rather than having to cut it off each individual box.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winc...-p-112069.aspx
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winc...-p-108494.aspx
    I bought a case on the list of rebate-eligible Winchester 55 gr 5.56
    When I printed out the rebate form, it specifically said that case SKUs would not be accepted.
    …so I dumped 1,000 loose rds into two ammo cans and spent the next hour cutting SKUs off of 50 boxes.
    Should net me $106 in a month or two though. My net cost was $.34 a round. Almost pre-pandemic prices.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I bought a case on the list of rebate-eligible Winchester 55 gr 5.56
    When I printed out the rebate form, it specifically said that case SKUs would not be accepted.
    …so I dumped 1,000 loose rds into two ammo cans and spent the next hour cutting SKUs off of 50 boxes.
    Should net me $106 in a month or two though. My net cost was $.34 a round. Almost pre-pandemic prices.
    Yep, I remember doing that with two cases of 9mm Syntech. I guess the bean counters figure that most people won't have the patients to cut out the UPCs on 50 boxes and will give up on the rebate....

User Tag List