Federal 5.56

Winchester 5.56

Name:  June_22_FS_Ammo.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  54.5 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Ouch

Federal must have gotten flak from the distributors they sell to. They bumped the 9mm up to $57.99. It was $44.99, then $46.99 last week.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg...-AE9DP100.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I had multiple of their reman 5.56 rounds keyholing at 100m during the Sandy Hook panic. Won't buy from them, their prices weren't that much cheaper.
    They filled an order for 147 grain ball with what the invoice had labeled, 'Mixed.'

I'm a bit conflicted; glad to have ammo at all, and pissed that it wasn't what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Federal must have gotten flak from the distributors they sell to. They bumped the 9mm up to $57.99. It was $44.99, then $46.99 last week.

Or now that the crunch looks to be easing up a bit they’re looking for the ceiling.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

I'd like to know the difference between the $44 and $46 prices on their website and what they were charging distributors for the same product.

If they were selling to distributors for $40 and $41.40 that is only 10% markup between the distributor and dealer. So split down the middle, is 5% profit enough for those two entities to split, resulting in 5% profit for each?

Of course there are additional expenses such as shipping between distributor and dealer which might make it less that 5%.

IMO to be fair to the distributors and dealers (especially the local dealers) the manufacturer should sell for a MSRP that includes the potential for FAIR profit down the line. Otherwise they may as well just start selling direct to everyone and forget their distribution chain which is not the way to sustain or increase sales on a large scale.

Maybe they agreed and $57.99 is MSRP.

JMO, worth what you paid.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I'd like to know the difference between the $44 and $46 prices on their website and what they were charging distributors for the same product.

If they were selling to distributors for $40 and $41.40 that is only 10% markup between the distributor and dealer. So split down the middle, is 5% profit enough for those two entities to split, resulting in 5% profit for each?

Of course there are additional expenses such as shipping between distributor and dealer which might make it less that 5%.

IMO to be fair to the distributors and dealers (especially the local dealers) the manufacturer should sell for a MSRP that includes the potential for FAIR profit down the line. Otherwise they may as well just start selling direct to everyone and forget their distribution chain which is not the way to sustain or increase sales on a large scale.

Maybe they agreed and $57.99 is MSRP.

JMO, worth what you paid.
    Distributors are selling to LEA's for much less than those prices. Academy, Bass Pro, Cabela's are selling ammunition for much less than than those prices.

Back when ammo was cheap, Federal was always much more on their website than any of the ammo places I bought their stuff from.

Local news, the Academy here not only has had ammo actually available for more than 30 minutes , but on the last couple of visits, the available selection didnt consist of just .350 Legend and 5.45.
    And as of today, I'm reliably informed, they had enough that not only was it actually on the shelves (instead of a single cart, rolled out to the hungering masses), but they upped the ration, instead of 2 boxes of anything limit, now you have the privilege of 8 boxes of shotshells and 4( yes, 4) boxes of rifle ammo.

Between this and the summer shortages, travel restrictions and all else, I am not enjoying my free trial of Communism.

Site Supporter
    I just want to find some .30-30 at non-scalper prices.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I just want to find some .30-30 at non-scalper prices.
    I'm glad I stocked up on .35 Remington a couple of years ago. When paying $22 a box for Hornady LEVERevolution felt like scalper prices.

User Tag List