Page 147 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by learnerpermitted View Post
    I think there's a delay in updating the actual inventory. People are buying it up so fast that the website doesn't update soon enough to reflect the inventory being out of stock. Its a huge tease.

I also notice navigating the website gets really slow whenever items become available
    Don’t think this is the issue - I’m pretty sure they just have a bad website that makes it hard to navigate to the items. I bought through the link and then texted a friend that they have 9mm in stock. He couldn’t find it on their website and had to use the link to get there. Both of us got shipping notices already.

To ease the pain for those who paid $500 for 9mm yesterday....

https://aimonpoint.com/product/selli...product_detail

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post

It's on sale, too!
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    It's on sale, too!

It is a bargain for $200 after your rebate check.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post

But it's in stock.. .

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    But it's in stock.. .
    Nope all gone
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

When I looked at Brownell's yesterday afternoon, this item was in stock. And it's all gone now. So those of you who paid .50 should be feeling pretty smug.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  17.4 KB

Ammo Prices

So yesterday (1/28) my wife and I went to the local Dunhams sporting goods store. She needed shoes, so I went over to the firearm/ammo area of the store. An employee was actually putting out a small amount of ammo. I was especially interested in the 20 boxes of CCI Blazer brass ammo......124gr FMJ. He said there was a purchase limit of 1 box. He gave me a box of ammo........$14.99. He stated their ammo has gone up some, but not much. My wife got a box too.

I post this out of utter amazement. Online, this box of ammo, if you can find it, will to between $35-$40 a box. Wow, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    So yesterday (1/28) my wife and I went to the local Dunhams sporting goods store. She needed shoes, so I went over to the firearm/ammo area of the store. An employee was actually putting out a small amount of ammo. I was especially interested in the 20 boxes of CCI Blazer brass ammo......124gr FMJ. He said there was a purchase limit of 1 box. He gave me a box of ammo........$14.99. He stated their ammo has gone up some, but not much. My wife got a box too.

I post this out of utter amazement. Online, this box of ammo, if you can find it, will to between $35-$40 a box. Wow, just wow.

It's out there alright, but like we all saw during the last "shortage" 🙄 of .22LR, 'opportunists' are buying it up to re-sell under the 'panic' we are living through.

Best thing everyone could/can do is simply refuse to buy at the ridiculous levels we're seeing and let the market self-correct.

If the demand disappears, then the 'opportunists' either drop their prices or get left holding the bag with tons of inventory that they cannot move except at more reasonable prices and lower profit margins.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Long and winding response-

Sorry for the repeat if it is so- right now the only way one is buying ammo and components at anything close to pre pandemic pricing is getting "lucky" at big box stores (Cabelas/Scheels/Academy/Bass Pro etc.) who, for a variety or reasons, are not charging "market price."

I am told that most of the BBS here are stocking what they have either right before closing or at opening so the line of guys waiting to buy ammo when the doors open can be served. 2 box /100 rd limits for many centerfire calibers is now the norm. Many local gun stores are only selling ammo now if you buy a gun.

I have gotten lucky 2x at Cabela's on sundays near closing during Chiefs games- 9mm @ 26 per 100, powder at 30 @ lb, .45 cal bullets @ 65 per 500. Not great precovid, but fantastic right now.

I am 55. I have been shooting/training/reloading since 1990. I have seen these market cycle machinations in some form in 94 (Assault Weapons Ban), late 04-06 (Sunset of AWB), 08-09 (Election of Obama 1/Market fall), 12-13 (Election of Obama 2/Sandy Hook),17-19 (Election of Trump).

My loadstar used to be 1000 rds of ammo minimum on hand of 9mm/.40 cal/.45 ACP/5.56. I chose this number as that is a number that would get me thru the vast majority of 2/3 day shooting classes on a moment's notice. Presumably, if I set the class, months out, I would have time to stock up.

I am cautiously optimistic that the market will ultimately correct again as it has in the last 30 years.

Having said that, certainly since Sandy Hook, if you are an adult and remotely interested in shooting etc. and do not own an AR and a Glock 19 or their functional equivalents in your area, few hundred rounds for each and 3 extra mags for each, you are not paying attention.

In the meantime-Dry Fire/Use .22 cal when you can/Have a 50-100 rd written training plan when you live fire and stick to it.

To every thing there is a season. This too shall pass.

Blessings to all.
    David
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List