Page 71 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    For some reason, 124GR S&B and even 115gr gets snatched up real quick on TSUSA.
    Price is at the point where reloading is hard to justify, packing is very condensed for storage, relatively clean burning, accurate and stout. They do sell out quickly.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter

.40 S&W 180-Grain HST $20/50

Just in case you need some, it's here.

Price check your local Walmarts. .38 train ammo is $5/50. I think the defend ammo is marked down too.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Price check your local Walmarts. .38 train ammo is $5/50. I think the defend ammo is marked down too.
    Is it white box? Gonna try and swing by after work

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Is it white box? Gonna try and swing by after work
    Check your location
    https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=115168468

Wal-Mart has cases of 1200 rounds 123 gr ZQI 9mm ammo for $185 here and there.
    https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...r?sku=35327999

Anyone with hands-on experience with this stuff? I know at least one person here had a bad experience but I'm not sure if that's common with this ammo. Seems like most of the reviews are either "50 rounds, flawless" or "I don't buy that overpriced/Muslim crap" with little inbetween.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post

Anyone with hands-on experience with this stuff? I know at least one person here had a bad experience but I'm not sure if that's common with this ammo. Seems like most of the reviews are either "50 rounds, flawless" or "I don't buy that overpriced/Muslim crap" with little inbetween.
    WM used to sell ZQI 308Win for $10/20. I love that stuff for plinking and non-critical target shooting. I'd buy more if it were available. I still have a couple hundred rounds. The brass is military brass, which means I have to ream the primer pockets before reloading, but it's fine otherwise. As for the 9mm, I've never seen it, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it based on my experience with the 308 stuff.

Chris

I'm almost done with the case I bought. I'd buy it over Winchester NATO if it was cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Well this is a conundrum. In stock at my "local" Wal-Mart (which is still a 40 mile trip), but my last experiences with Winchester ammo have been pretty negative, and at the Wal-Mart in question, I might have to use the ammo before I leave the store...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    WM used to sell ZQI 308Win for $10/20. I love that stuff for plinking and non-critical target shooting. I'd buy more if it were available. I still have a couple hundred rounds. The brass is military brass, which means I have to ream the primer pockets before reloading, but it's fine otherwise. As for the 9mm, I've never seen it, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it based on my experience with the 308 stuff.

Chris
    I've got around 700 rounds of their .308 myself; was hard not to when it dropped down to $7/20 locally. My PTR-91 liked it well enough that I knee-jerked and bought the case of 9mm, but I've been reading comments about primer issues (mostly either blown primers or primers requiring a second strike to detonate), so I may test it in my Glocks and then set the rest aside for subgun food.

User Tag List