Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

I figure reloading is for ammo that costs >$0.30/rd. Like the .357Mag, etc.
    -----------------------------------------
    ^^^ DAO dork ^^^

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I figure reloading is for ammo that costs >$0.30/rd. Like the .357Mag, etc.
    Or if you're loading for a gun with a wide performance variation...like the .357 mag. You can get everything from rhino rollers to .38 wadcutters.

But cost is a thing. I started handloading for the .41 mag because it was dang near 1.50 per trigger press

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

HST 9x19 124 Grain +P $21/box of 50

It's here.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It's here.
    Out of stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It's here.
    Out of stock.
    It was there when I posted it. You snooze, you lose.

Site Supporter
    Brownells has 115gr Blazer Brass on sale right now for $182.99. If you apply coupon code "MFV", you get 10% off and free shipping, which lowers the price to $164.69. CCI/Speer/Federal is currently running a $1 per box rebate on this ammo. If that comes through, the total cost drops to $145.69 for a thousand rounds of brass-cased ammo. Last year I bought some steel-cased ammo for about $150 per thousand, but this is the first time I've gotten brass this cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    If that comes through, the total cost drops to $145.69 for a thousand rounds of brass-cased ammo.
    Therein lies the rub. I submitted three separate rebates to Federal late last year (2x Black Boxes, 1x HST) and not a single one has paid out yet. Additionally, the reports from reddit imply that Vista is no longer mailing checks, but is now instead giving out prepaid MasterCards and is extending the fulfillment period out to 10-12 weeks (which, in my case, have already passed for one submission).

I'm usually not one to turn my nose up at deals, but between this and the general weakness/dirtiness of Blazer Brass, I think it's definitely worth considering just paying an extra $10-20 for a case of S&B instead.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Therein lies the rub. I submitted three separate rebates to Federal late last year (2x Black Boxes, 1x HST) and not a single one has paid out yet. Additionally, the reports from reddit imply that Vista is no longer mailing checks, but is now instead giving out prepaid MasterCards and is extending the fulfillment period out to 10-12 weeks (which, in my case, have already passed for one submission).

I'm usually not one to turn my nose up at deals, but between this and the general weakness/dirtiness of Blazer Brass, I think it's definitely worth considering just paying an extra $10-20 for a case of S&B instead.
    Good to know.

I submitted a rebate to Federal on a case of AE Mid January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. --Robert Baden-Powell USPSA#A92555

I got my debit card a little while back.
    Did you guys check online to see the status of your rebates?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I got my debit card a little while back.
    Did you guys check online to see the status of your rebates?
    I submitted two in late November. Both were approved but I致e only received one of the cards so far.
    沫覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List