Page 199 of 260 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That's tempting

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That's tempting
    I don't have the link handy, but wasn't there a recent case of folks blowing up their Garands with this recently arriving turkish surplus stuff?

There's ALWAYS reports of kabooms from Turkish ANY caliber. It's an Islamic nation, their idea of QA/QC is "Inshallah."

If somebody's so hard-up for beans that they're willing to up their chances of a blowout by a couple-three orders of magnitude....probably MORE, now that demand has done what it's done in terms of quality...

...then, caveat FFS emptor, I'll be on the other end of the firing line thataway ---------------->

The (in)famous nuclear 8x57 loads that came in ~15 years ago or so were enough to convince me the savings juice wasn’t worth the Turk squeeze.

Not only was that stuff loaded to MG pressures, it was notorious for hang fires.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Anybody who uses durka nation ammo should feel a moral obligation to brief everybody present and provide them with an opportunity to clear the area beforehand.

I mean, our black-bag bubbas used to run ops to bol-bean adversary ammo; it takes a special kind of stupid titular ally to find a way to do it to themselves. We don't maintain relations with them because they *do stuff well*, but because they're strategically located.

Food for thought, only...we're still a free-market economy, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That's tempting
    That's $0.90 a round for non-precision ammo that is reportedly susceptible to KAAABOOMS. Why not go with this match grade stuff for a $1.50 a round:

Creedmoor Sports .30-06 Ammunition 167 grain boattail hollow point match. 100 rds per case. Creedmoor Sports Match Grade .30-06 Ammuntion is loaded right here in Anniston Alabama using only the highest quality components available anywhere in the world (Lapua brass and Lapua bullets imported directly from Finland). The combination of these components & the care that goes into producing each round makes it some of the highest grade .30-06 ammuntion on the market today, and at a price about 1/2 of what you would typically expect to pay for ammunition of similar quality. At 2,720 fps velocity this round is perfect for the M1 Garand or any other rifle chambered in .30-06. Free Shipping

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C3006CS167-100
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    And while wandering around in there, I found .40 S&W 165-grain FMJ Blazer Brass for $452/k delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    ...durka nation ammo...

LOL! I'll remember that one.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Ammo shop online has 1K round cases of Norma 115 & 124 gr. 9mm FMJ for $315.00 free shipping & insurance.

I just popped for another thousand rounds. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Ammo shop online has 1K round cases of Norma 115 & 124 gr. 9mm FMJ for $315.00 free shipping & insurance.

I just popped for another thousand rounds. 😎
    Yep, I grabbed a case of the 124 yesterday, and I've already got a tracking #. I've never used Norma before, but I'm confident it's top shelf.

User Tag List