Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Punch - New variant for Hellcats

Federal Punch - New variant for Hellcats

I just ordered a few boxes. I have the Hellcat and the Hellcat Pro.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg...1-PD9P1SA.html

What is the difference between the hellcat specific 124 grain Punch and the regular 124 grain Punch? The website isn't very specific about that.

Someone really needs to have a sit down with Federal's marketing department. Did they not learn anything from .30SC?
    Taking a break from social media.

I don't see a problem with this at all, in fact I see it as a potential solution to an existing problem. It's going to really make guns like the P365, Hellcat, G43, etc., much more controllable via lower powder charge and minimal bullet weight which will still give solid ballistic performance. I've been seeking this exact solution but wonder if it delivers on penetration in these pistols, that would make it a win for me if it reliably meets 12" in 4LD testing in gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    What is the difference between the hellcat specific 124 grain Punch and the regular 124 grain Punch? The website isn't very specific about that.
    Velocity - Punch 1150 fps, Punch Hellcat 1070 fps.

"Ideal ... velocity for flawless function"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post

Is that because it is downloaded, or just the shorter barrel?

What barrel length was the regular federal punch shot out of? I am just curious if this is a new ammo or just repackaged ammo with a hellcat specific marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is that because it is downloaded, or just the shorter barrel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    What barrel length was the regular federal punch shot out of? I am just curious if this is a new ammo or just repackaged ammo with a hellcat specific marketing.
    According to the recent SA advertising magazine that arrived last week, claimed MV is 1070 in the 3” Hellcat and 1120 in the Pro. The author measured 1094 and 1122 out of his guns.

I wonder what it is out of a G19?

Could you not just shoot 124 HST standard pressure? That’s my current SD load for my P365X, but I’m no expert, for sure.

https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-124-...um-le-50-round

Marketing doesn't need to be based in reality. It just needs to induce a 'need' where one didn't exist before in order to be successful.

Federal's ad campaign for a ''firearm model specific'' loading reminds me of an unscrupulous auto mechanic telling a car owner that they need to have their ''blinker fluid'' replaced.

I'm not impressed.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List