Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I had mine in a week, no hiccups. Loose in ammo cans but packed with shredded cardboard. Blue primer sealant which I gather is newer production. It looks clean and I haven't seen any dinged cases. I shot a couple mags and it seemed exactly the same as the stuff with red sealant.
    Yeah,.. I noticed that also. It was definitely clean! I’ve ordered several loose cases of HST from Velocity. Good ammo. Nickel plated & blue sealant , but Counting, loading or handling those rounds resulted in black hands & fingers. I counted both the Buckinghorse cans & my hands were pristine afterwards. 😎 (…still washed with D’Lead soap!) 😉

A buddy just found Norma 124 ball on sale in bulk at his local C-A-L Ranch store, he and I just split 4 cases at $220/case, tax included.

That chain typically has inventory regionally, so if you have one nearby it might be worth a look. Cheapest I have seen it in over a year, at a time that the internet suppliers have bumped prices to 270+shipping for no-name Turkish 115.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    A buddy just found Norma 124 ball on sale in bulk at his local C-A-L Ranch store, he and I just split 4 cases at $220/case, tax included.

That chain typically has inventory regionally, so if you have one nearby it might be worth a look. Cheapest I have seen it in over a year, at a time that the internet suppliers have bumped prices to 270+shipping for no-name Turkish 115.
    I was just able to order from their website.$10.99/bx and free shipping. They’ll only let you purchase 10 bx/transaction, so I did it twice.
    https://www.calranch.com/norma-9mm-l...fault_products

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    I was just able to order from their website.$10.99/bx and free shipping. They’ll only let you purchase 10 bx/transaction, so I did it twice.
    https://www.calranch.com/norma-9mm-l...fault_products
    Thank you!
    I just ordered 500 rds and they accepted my order. Already have the confirmation email.

Crazy question, is this stuff bi-metal (copper plating over mild steel) jacket? I know some of the stuff that Norma was selling in their online store was, at one point during the covid ammo drought. I know most folks have found this stuff accurate and clean, but most indoor ranges frown on any ammo with a magnet attracting jacket.

This is a good enough deal, that I feel like I need to pick up a case or two locally.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Crazy question, is this stuff bi-metal (copper plating over mild steel) jacket? I know some of the stuff that Norma was selling in their online store was, at one point during the covid ammo drought. I know most folks have found this stuff accurate and clean, but most indoor ranges frown on any ammo with a magnet attracting jacket.

This is a good enough deal, that I feel like I need to pick up a case or two locally.
    Not a crazy question- this is non magnetic red box Norma and is exceptionally clean burning. I’m at a loss to understand the deal because it’s about seven dollars off their normal direct online price per box.

Not a crazy question- this is non magnetic red box Norma and is exceptionally clean burning. I’m at a loss to understand the deal because it’s about seven dollars off their normal direct online price per box.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be visiting a local store soon. Now the question is: one case, or two?

Are you sure the online presence is legit. I saw multiple “In Store” complaints/reviews for the company. Didn’t see anything regarding their online reliability. Nothing regarding CC problems or fraud.

…Im maybe OVERLY cautious! I already Had one cc compromised after an online, gun accessory related purchase. Fortunately the credit card company caught it and the charge was voided immediately and a new card issued. Not even sure they were the cause for the leak of the CC number,… Only that my purchase there was proximal to the attempt by someone to try and charge $500 worth of shit at Walmart!

Anyways,.. that’s the reason for my paranoia with companies that I’m not familiar with and deals that look that good. Of course if you guys tell me they’re a legit outlet,… Norma 124 is good shit! Especially at that price. I think I’ll pick up another thousand rounds before the real panic sets in! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Are you sure the online presence is legit. I saw multiple “In Store” complaints/reviews for the company. Didn’t see anything regarding their online reliability. Nothing regarding CC problems or fraud.

…Im maybe OVERLY cautious! I already Had one cc compromised after an online, gun accessory related purchase. Fortunately the credit card company caught it and the charge was voided immediately and a new card issued. Not even sure they were the cause for the leak of the CC number,… Only that my purchase there was proximal to the attempt by someone to try and charge $500 worth of shit at Walmart!

Anyways,.. that’s the reason for my paranoia with companies that I’m not familiar with and deals that look that good. Of course if you guys tell me they’re a legit outlet,… Norma 124 is good shit! Especially at that price. I think I’ll pick up another thousand rounds before the real panic sets in! lol!
    I can only tell you that they have a significant retail presence in my area, it’s a fairly well known large retail chain in western states, and the price is legitimate in the store. Since they are local to me, I’ve never had reason to order from them by mail, what I can tell you is I have two fresh pristine cases of 124 Norma sitting on the floor of my passenger side in my sports car as we speak. And I paid $440.

I can also tell you that their counter staff doesn’t know much about the guns they sell, and the guns are often sold below normal street prices. Just a quick anecdote, the slack-jawed kid behind the counter was telling a friend of mine, that the Sig Legion he was looking at (priced same as the non Legion version of that model) was some sort of corroboration with Mountain Ops (a local nutrition supplement company) - they have a similar chevron logo. Clearly, slack-jawed kid did not have a clue.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 10-30-2023 at 02:29 PM.

I ordered 500 rds of 9mm, the price is just too good to pass up, my real hope is they get some 5.55 in, lol.

User Tag List