Page 161 of 260 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2594

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Has anyone ever received an “in stock” notification from TargetSportsUSA?
    When I was stocking up on 7.62/308 I first signed up for email alerts but by the time I got them they were always out of stock. So I did the text option and happened to be at my desk at work when I got an in stock alert. Put in the order right away then watched it go out of stock in a matter of minutes. HTH
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Has anyone ever received an “in stock” notification from TargetSportsUSA? I check them all the time and they are always out of stock. Almost seems like they haven’t ever been restocked.

Also, hasn’t it been confirmed that actual manufacturing and distribution/supply cost isn’t anywhere close to $.80/round for 9mm? Are retailers marking things up a ton (just like scalpers) and trying to claim they’re barely making any money on it?
    The fact that you can still order projectiles for loading your own at vaguely reasonable prices says that part of the supply chain isn't a problem. Primers are unobtanium and very expensive. Powder prices seem to be slightly elevated but not terribly so, but availability is for crap. Primers are solidly $0.20 per or more on Gunbroker when normal retail price is $0.03 or so. I typically load my own 9mm at ~$0.10-11/round, but if primers cost $0.17 more than normal, that would jump to $0.27-28/round. Obviously large scale manufacturers aren't buying their primers from Gunbroker auctions (the big ones make their own), so I don't think the supply pricing is their problem - it's an issue of meeting the still elevated demand without spending tons of capital to increase their manufacturing capability.

I guess you could call current online and retail pricing on complete ammo scalping, but really in my view, it's just demand driven; there's not much reason for a retailer to sell a product for normal prices when they're selling enough at severely elevated prices that whenever they get stock in, it disappears in a hurry.

Site Supporter
    Also, hasn’t it been confirmed that actual manufacturing and distribution/supply cost isn’t anywhere close to $.80/round for 9mm? Are retailers marking things up a ton (just like scalpers) and trying to claim they’re barely making any money on it?
    From what I understand, costs have gone up somewhat. My guess is that the online ammo sellers' business models were based on selling high volume at relatively low markup. Now that they can't get the amount of ammo they could in the past, they've had to raise prices on what they can get to maintain enough cash flow to keep their heads above water. The supply seems to be loosening up a bit, which may explain why we're seeing some downward pressure on prices.

Note that this is conjecture on my part, I have no special insight here.

Also, hasn’t it been confirmed that actual manufacturing and distribution/supply cost isn’t anywhere close to $.80/round for 9mm? Are retailers marking things up a ton (just like scalpers) and trying to claim they’re barely making any money on it?[/QUOTE]

Current economic freedom entitles buyers and sellers to agree upon a price. If one of the parties does not agree to the price then there's no obligation for that party to participate in the exchange of goods or services. An agreement on price for a lawful service or product entitles the participants in the contract to make an exchange.

In countries with a political state such as communism these types of transactions are generally viewed as unlawful. Unfortunately many of the values of communism have worked their way into unions and people on the low end of the economic scale.

A gentleman I know who has a gun shop is selling 9 mm blazer brass for $40 for a box of 50. The only place he could purchase the ammo was from a distributor the best price he could get was around $35.50 a box delivered.

I told him I thought it was great that he was selling the ammo for $40 a box as it would allow people who foolishly did not have enough ammo on hand to at least be able to purchase some ammo even if it was much more expensive than typical times. He said most of the response he had gotten is that I am trying to fuck people and it was refreshing to hear my point of view.

It's funny how people complain about gouging when they're on one end of the deal but not on the other.

Is 124 gr HST available anywhere? Looking for NON- +p.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Is 124 gr HST available anywhere? Looking for NON- +p.
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger/...grains?ikw=HST
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Has anyone ever received an “in stock” notification from TargetSportsUSA? I check them all the time and they are always out of stock. Almost seems like they haven’t ever been restocked.
    Yes. Frequently they've been out of stock by the time I see it and get there, but not always (I've been successful at the rush-to-the-checkout blitz drill a few times).
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Yes, although they are out of stock by the time I get to them, because I signed up for email alerts. Until a death last August, I had no need for a smart phone and didn't get texts on my ancient, basic cell phone (intentionally had them blocked).

9mm, 5.56 & 7.62x51

Got an email from Project War Path that they started selling ammo.

They currently have the following in stock:

https://www.pwpammo.com/pmc-9mm-115g/

https://www.pwpammo.com/pmc-5-56mm-x-tac/

https://www.pwpammo.com/7-62x51mm/

https://www.pwpammo.com/wolf-9mm/

Not sure if their prices are deals but figured I would post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikudaki View Post
    I thought the PMC X-Tac 55gr was an M193 clone with visible annealing discoloration. Is this something different or just shined up for marketing? It was pretty good ammo as I recall. Not $.75 per round good though.

User Tag List