Page 154 of 260 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2596

Thread: Ammo deals!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m also getting the sense that supply is starting to catch up a little. I’m seeing more options in stock (at crazy prices), so I’m hoping that the prices will start to creep down as people feel more comfortable.
    I’m hoping so too. Cabela’s/Bass Pro is the only place I know of that is not gouging like crazy. But it’s mostly Winchester white box and Herters. Last time I was there they had boxes of 50 rounds for 13.99. You just have to basically show up when they open and wait in line, hoping that when the truck shows up there’s ammo on it. But they seem to pretty consistently get 9mm, 223/556, 22, 12ga.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    I’m hoping so too. Cabela’s/Bass Pro is the only place I know of that is not gouging like crazy. But it’s mostly Winchester white box and Herters. Last time I was there they had boxes of 50 rounds for 13.99. You just have to basically show up when they open and wait in line, hoping that when the truck shows up there’s ammo on it. But they seem to pretty consistently get 9mm, 223/556, 22, 12ga.
    My unfortunate opinion is that "gouging" is going to be a sliding scale. I know personally, I would pay 2-4x the cost of ammo that I did previously now that I am shooting >5x less live fire and more in dry fire.
    I would estimate that a number of people would be motivated to buy more ammo at 40-50c per round, so I'd think a box of ammo wouldn't get under $25 per box for a year or two.

I don't want that to be the case, but the truth is that I wasted a lot of rounds in the past because it was fun. And I could improve just as fast if not faster if I actually put more effort into my practice sessions.

But sometimes you just want to plink for fun and not necessarily work on stuff, you know?

So human nature-wise, I think 70c per round is as bad as it's going to get without internet ammo bans. But it won't get under 50c for at least one year and probably will settle down at 30-40c per round through 2022-2023.

Based on zero scientific evidence, haha. But that's currently how I'm budgeting my ammo right now. Three year plan and then estimate 30-40c for the next few years after that.

Site Supporter
    Went to Cabela's to get out of the house.

Found CCI AR Tactical 40 copper plated 1200 FPS in a 300 round box. Could only buy 1 box as if you wanted more, you needed to be a Credit Card Club member.

Bought 4 boxes of Herter (their brand) plated 22 LR 40 gr 1300 FPS, boxes of 100 each for $8.99

I could only buy 4 as you could only get 5 total boxes without their card. If you did have it, you could get 8 b0xes of anything.

They had Winchester 55 gr 223 but since they don't seem to have carbine matches here, I have enough for the end of the world or a range session. Might get more if I go by there again.

I assume AR tactical 22 LR will work in my tactical G44 or tactical 10/2 (hey, it has a sling and red dot - that tac!).

Probably going to shoot both in steel when the weather breaks. I discussed the G44 as training wheels for my 9mm. I can shoot the G44 in USPSA practice sessions but I don't think you can in a match. They might rethink that if it won't get you killed on da street.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Some ammo websites seem to have more handgun ammunition available now, but prices still high. Other websites I check still have little to no handgun ammo in stock. Although a limit of one, I did get a box of 50 115 fjm 9mm blazer brass for $14.99 a few weeks back at Dunhams sporting goods store. The clerk said prices had increased some. I told him that this box of blazer ammo would cost $35.00 online. He just shook his head.

Even when ammo gets back to reasonable most will still buy guns instead of dropping $1k on ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Even when ammo gets back to reasonable most will still buy guns instead of dropping $1k on ammo
    My $1,000 plus would go for 9mm ammunition today if I could find what I want at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Either that or they will buy the ammo and leave it locked up in their basement “just in case”. Personally I’d love to have $1K so I could get some ammo and take a class.

Site Supporter
    Decide to check out a LGS in a nearby small town. Cute place, classic town square etc. The gun store was a small shop with a grizzied old proprietor and his old buddy chewing the fat. Got into a conversation with them about 1911s. Since I had zeroed out my 230 gr FMJ, asked if he had any. He said that he had some PPU 230 gr. Would let me have two boxes for $35.00 a box straight. That's 70 cents a round, not bad if you look at ammoseek.com and can't hit a big box on magic shipment day. Way to expensive for shooting competitions but to have some - went for it. Had a lot of old military rifles and bolt guns, some of those cheaper import pump guns - lots around here.

Had 223 for way too much as I had enough for end of the world. Nice day to get in the country. Murder Creek went through the center of town. Oh, dear.

I was offered some 9mm Blazer for $36 per 50 round box from an individual today but I passed on it.

I just got an email from SGAmmo.com and they have several kinds of ammo in stock.

User Tag List