Page 76 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Site Supporter

Gold Dot 9x19 124-grain +P and 115-, 124- and 147-grain Standard Velocity $17.50/50

At Target Sports. You have to add it to your cart to see the price. $350/case delivered.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winc...-p-109181.aspx

$20/can rebate from Winchester plus the 8% discount for being a Prime member makes this $0.146/rd. Crappy brass, but I've been needing to stock up to test out extractor reliability.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

$20/can rebate from Winchester plus the 8% discount for being a Prime member makes this $0.146/rd. Crappy brass, but I've been needing to stock up to test out extractor reliability.
    Have you had bad experiences with WIN brass?
    My highest reload-count brass is Winchester (10 x fired), and I’ve never had a brass failure. (Unlike Federal, where I’ve had split cases on the first or second firing).

I’m not a Prime member, but I’ll have to assess my stash when I get home and decide whether another case at $0.18/ rd is warranted.

Thanks for posting this opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    My highest reload-count brass is Winchester (10 x fired), and I’ve never had a brass failure. (Unlike Federal, where I’ve had split cases on the first or second firing).

I’m not a Prime member, but I’ll have to assess my stash when I get home and decide whether another case at $0.18/ rd is warranted.

Thanks for posting this opportunity
    When I did reload pistol cartridges I never had problems with Win brass. WWB cartridges are another story. In both 40 SW and 9mm I have had more out of spec cartridges than all other makes combined. I have also had more duds than all other makes combined. I am currently over 10000 straight rounds of AE of various weights without a single failure. If you want to buy Win brass, buy Win brass. But WWB cartridges are the worst junk I have purchased. In my limited scope, I say just skip that crap and buy bulk brass.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 11-21-2019 at 12:01 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    WWB extractor grooves are wildly varying. Non-concentric to the case, so one side is extra-deep and one side is shallow. I don't have an optical comparator to measure them, but they can be a problem in certain pistols. (I'm looking at you, M11-A1.) I look at it as I just bought a bunch of problems, and I'm going to see how the USPs digest them. And see if I can tune the Sig long external extractors to handle them. I figure if a pistol will eat this garbage, it will eat anything.

Glock guys apparently like the stuff, and there are a lot of Glock shooters here, so...

I've only shot WWB 9mm and the purple training stuff in .40 so far, though I have a couple boxes of Ranger .38 SPL.

I don't have experience that would indicate a difference between loaded WWB and any other Winchester brass. On sites where reloading is practiced more, you can find discussions of Winchester pistol primers going off the rails with poor quality from time to time, every couple years.

If I'm going to buy new brass, it's likely going to be Starline if they make the case. I have some Norma and Lapua that I found clearance deals on.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-21-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

WWB extractor grooves are wildly varying. Non-concentric to the case, so one side is extra-deep and one side is shallow.
    I noticed this too - caused extraction problems in some guns...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    At Target Sports. You have to add it to your cart to see the price. $350/case delivered.
    Grabbed some. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    It runs okay in my guns, but the primer pockets seem to be a hair off-center sometimes, causing the edge of the primer to catch when priming on my 550. I use it as my lost-brass match/class ammo, and no longer pick up the free once-fired cases at the range.

</thread drift>

Site Supporter
    WWB extractor grooves are wildly varying. Non-concentric to the case, so one side is extra-deep and one side is shallow...
    Thanks to all who responded.
    I’ve learned that all Winchester brass is not the same.

Out of stock.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List