Page 41 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

what's a striker gun?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    what's a striker gun?
    you cavemen and your hammers will probably be just fine

I've shot a LOT of the Russian 9mm stuff; brown bear or wolf being roughly equivalent. If I am buying cheaper stuff I will get whichever I've had most luck with recently, but lately that's not much. Wolf Ive bought in the last year has been OK. The various Bears (Brown & Silver) seem a lot more hit or miss. Tula I never buy because I'd rather load my gun with gravel. At least that might ignite.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

I've shot a LOT of the Russian 9mm stuff; brown bear or wolf being roughly equivalent. If I am buying cheaper stuff I will get whichever I've had most luck with recently, but lately that's not much. Wolf Ive bought in the last year has been OK. The various Bears (Brown & Silver) seem a lot more hit or miss. Tula I never buy because I'd rather load my gun with gravel. At least that might ignite.
    See sig. I totally resemble that remark.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Site Supporter

Thanks, that's helpful. Grabbed a case for rainy days. I've shot a lot of Wolf but not Brown Bear. Agree with Tula being crapola.

One thing to note is that steel cases can be problematic for those who frequent ranges manned by dipshits with magnets. Not uncommon in my area for an RO to not know the difference between steel case and steel core.

Palmetto State has 64gr Speer Gold Dots for $9.99/box of 20 with free shipping for 10 or more boxes. I've got a previous shipment of the stuff from them before with no issues.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer...rds-24448.html

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Normal TAC .223 for $5.99/20, and $9 flat rate shipping over $49.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...-fmj-20-rounds

Research indicates this is likely the same as GECO .223, which is liked by many as a budget accuracy champion. Both brands are owned by RUAG.

Anyone here have first-hand experience?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter

Tested seven types of ammo (PPU 115, Speer Lawman 124 and 147, Magtech 115, FM 147 reman, FM 135, Barnaul 115) for groups @25 yards using Sig P320 X-five and Sig P320 compact. The Barnaul is stinky, dirty, and reliably produced the best groups of the day. The ammo I use most (Freedom Munitions 147 reman) was dead last. I don't even know what to do with these results but the Barnowl is OK with me.
    Last edited by modrecoil; 06-30-2017 at 03:38 PM.

I had FMB9R147 keyhole out of my Beretta 92G.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Tested seven types of ammo (PPU 115, Speer Lawman 124 and 147, Magtech 115, FM 147 reman, FM 135, Barnaul 115) for groups @25 yards using Sig P320 X-five and Sig P320 compact. The Barnaul is stinky, dirty, and reliably produced the best groups of the day. The ammo I use most (Freedom Munitions 147 reman) was dead last. I don't even know what to do with these results but the Barnowl is OK with me.
    Barnaul makes the Monarch (Academy sports house brand) steel case pistol ammo. it is surprisingly accurate for the price. Better than Remington in my experience. I've had the occasional dead or hard primer but otherwise good to go as practice ammo.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Barnaul makes the Monarch (Academy sports house brand) steel case pistol ammo. it is surprisingly accurate for the price. Better than Remington in my experience. I've had the occasional dead or hard primer but otherwise good to go as practice ammo.
    I find that Wolf is extremely accurate out of my 9mm Glocks as well. Certainly better than PMC or Blazer Brass.

User Tag List