Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superfeet?

Site Supporter

Superfeet?

Anyone using Superfeet insoles? If so which one's and your thoughts please?

I have high arches, wide feet, and feet that will swell a shoe size over an 8 hour day. I use the 3/4 length dress shoe insoles and like them a lot. They have arch support, leave plenty of room for my toes and don't take up much volume I don't get instep pain as the day wears on.

Edited: There's a bunch of different styles, if you have an REI in your neck of the woods they usually have some that you can try out.

I have either Superfeet or Sole insoles in all of my cycling shoes, and they help a lot. I use the green Superfeet.

I was first introduced to superfeet after getting 7 stress fractures.

Green's for me. Love them. Superbly comfortable and do exactly what they're supposed to.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Well at least they're vegan

They look good, I'd try out a pair if I still made my living as a Marine 03. As it is, I wear sandals about 11 months a year.
    #RESIST

I've used them for 10 years or so in my backpacking footwear with good results. The various models they offer differ mainly in intended use, the volume they take up in your shoes/boots and whether or not they can be used in conjunction with the factory insoles or used as a total replacement.

With the higher volume versions (Green or Orange, for example) you may have to actually size-up your footwear to accommodate their use, so as someone has previously suggested (REI) you might want to try before you buy.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    you might want to try before you buy.
    I'd take it a step further.......you should be fitted at a running store for superfeet, after they evaluate your feet, gait, pronation, ect...the extra price they charge is worth the evaluation to make sure you're getting what you should get, instead of "what feels right" but isn't. Me personally, I was fitted by an athletic trainer from a physical therapy office.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I was fitted at a specialty store years ago and the green were fine for what my gait said they should be.
    I used them exclusively for several years when long foot movement under weight was a large part of my job.
    I like them better than any others I used, but my only points of comparison are what came in the footwear I purchased or was issued.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Ive used the orange ones for years in my hiking boots. Blue for my sneakers. The only things that worked better for me were a set of custom molded orthotics. You do need to alter show sizing to insure fit with the insoles though, so try before you buy. Most REI locations have samples you can try in the shoes you intend to buy. Also fit them after being upright and on your feet for a number of hours to make sure you're accommodating for the eventual swelling of feet.

Funny, I was fitted for these at a decent Outfitter before my Philmont backpacking trek (68 miles, 12 days.)

They hurt so much, after three days I threw them out, and did the hike with liner and outer socks. I don't recall the boot I had, but it was stiff enough.

I always wondered if maybe I didn't give them time to break in? Looks like lot of folks like them.

User Tag List