Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input on an Aimpoint Micro Mount

If you don't need/want QD then thenDaniel Defense is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Just an fyi the aimpoint lrp mount is junk I had it break during heavy use...
    The old one with the little lever, or the new one with the big giant greenish colored lever? I use the newer ones with no issues (keeping in mind my guns get used during a lot of demo shoots).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The old one with the little lever, or the new one with the big giant greenish colored lever? I use the newer ones with no issues (keeping in mind my guns get used during a lot of demo shoots).
    Yea big lever with a screw on the other side.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Interesting, what broke? In no way doubting you, I am genuinely interested as I have not had an issue with them and I use the heck out of them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yea big lever with a screw on the other side.
    Interesting, what broke? In no way doubting you, I am genuinely interested as I have not had an issue with them and I use the heck out of them.
    My LRP arrived today for use on a Guide Gun or Benelli. Will gather some data soon with heavier than 5.56/7.62 ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll have to find it, but it started not holding a zero after a few classes and hard use doing cqb stuff.

I took it off and put it back on and it started wobbling, I tightened the screw down on the other end and forced it closed on the upper, confirmed zero and it walked every 3-5 rounds.

Just so we are on the same page this is the mount I am talking about:

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Ooof. Any more input/data here? Considering one for shotgun use. (LRP mount)

@GJM
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 09-22-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Ooof. Any more input/data here? Considering one for shotgun use. (LRP mount)

@GJM
    Which shotgun?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I tried a DD last year. It had enough lateral slop that the Aimpoint H1 could rattle-rotate on the mount with the screws just contacting but not tightened. Which meant it was able to be installed at any angle within the rotation, with no real way to control it. Windage was waaaay off. DD fully refunded my money. Went with a Scalarworks instead.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List