Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Input on an Aimpoint Micro Mount

Input on an Aimpoint Micro Mount

I'd appreciate some comments/suggestions/pros & cons on the LaRue (VFZ) mount versus anything else that's out there with Lower 1/3 CW capability. I can't find anything close in price to the package deal they offer (sight & mount) I just want to make sure there aren't any downsides to their mount design.

And for what it's worth, I have no particular need for a quick-detach mount.

Thanks in advance.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    I'm using the Daniel Defense mount set up for lower 1/3 and have no complaints.

I'm fairly impressed with my Scalarworks. A bit over an ounce, and qd.

If the price is good, go for it. Larue makes good stuff.
    #RESIST

DD and Larue are the two I use. DD is lighter, afaik, if that matters.

Ive used Larue and DD for a long while now and would go with DD in the future.

Theres some other good options these days including Scalarworks, Seekins, and KAC.

bobro....accept nothing else.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Here is my T&E of the Scalarworks.

50 yards. M193. Aimpoint t2 in a Scalarworks lower 1/3CW mount, backed by a G33 magnifier. Left group was all shot at once. Right was shot coming off the gun and loosening and then sliding/wobbling the mount around in the 1913 slot (taking it completely off would be pointless for this test, IMO) and then Re indexing it fully forward, tightening, and firing each shot. Purposely the knob tension was varied a click or two each time. 10 shots per group. Bottom hole on the left seems to be a double. Centers of each seem stable. I'm very pleased.

I feel that the slight group size increase can be attributed at least in part, if not all, by coming off the gun for each shot to fiddle with the mount. Point being, the variance appears to be much less than the size of the 2moa dot, accounting for ammunition performance alone.

If you need TRUE QD, Bobro gets my vote, but if "rapid tool-less assembly/dis-assembly" a'la Aimpoint QRP is good to go for you, then the 1.3X oz Scalarworks is impossible to beat, IMO

*Group was shot with different ammo from zeroing, as is obvious. I did not chase holes. I just shot at the center of the target.

Just an fyi the aimpoint lrp mount is junk I had it break during heavy use...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been using the Aimpoint T-1 and Larue combo for years now. Now this is just my experience...but I regularly pull it off the main host weapon and throw it on another gun for t&e. I wont mess with the point of aim at all, but I can throw it back on the host weapon, and zero is still solid. I've pulled it off probably 50 times in the last 3 years and I am yet to adjust point of aim on it. That's good enough for me. Other people's mileage may vary

User Tag List