Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a lower receiver that I can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Sionics weapon systems has been getting some pretty good reviews over at M4C, with some pretty knowledgable folks endorsing or working with them. They're from my state, and pretty competitively priced for a mil-spec lower. I'll be picking one up next month to use on my BCM upper, but I don't have any first hand experience with them yet. May be worth looking into.

- Cole
    Rob, you will "Abstain from any inter-forum warfare. Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities".
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-26-2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Intra-forum nonsense

Update...

I sold the lower in question to a friend, with full disclosure, as he is a friend. He needed a lower for a project he is tinkering with and he doesn't own any gen3 PMAGs. I found a deal on a Colt 6920 OEM-1 and am having it shipped in. Will use the lower from this gun, and sell off the 6920 upper. Fingers crossed...

I started this topic on two other forums. The responses from the same topic on all three forums had different and rather interesting responses, which I think is representative of the experience and skill level of the membership of each said forum.

I guess my OCD will not allow me to own a gun that is selective as to the magazines. Especially one that I had intended to use as a duty weapon. Hence selling it off.

I appreciate all of the informed comments and discussion. It's kind of nice to sit at the grown up table and have an adult conversation.

I was told of the existence of this forum a few years ago by Dr. Gary Roberts. He suggested I check it out. I'm glad I took his advice.

Regards

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wonder if those positive reviews have anything to do with a heavy-handed moderator working for them?
    The thought has definitely crossed my mind, but I've seen some others give it good reviews besides said moderator. Apparently there's an agency order holding up sionics, so I may just snag a BCM blem.

Glad you found a solution Beat Trash. I considered that option as well, so I hope it works out. I saw your post over on LF and as always they had some good replies, but this forum continues to impress me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wonder if those positive reviews have anything to do with a heavy-handed moderator working for them?
    "Abstain from any inter-forum warfare. Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities."

That being said, Sionics is built by people who can properly assemble a weapon, from reasonable parts. I doubt they are a bad choice.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-26-2015 at 05:33 AM. Reason: intra-forum discussion

I own a Sionics carbine, and it is a good value for the money. I know several knowledgeable friends and LEO's that also own Sionics carbines, and use them regularly with no issues.

I also participated in an eval that was held with multiple local law enforcement agencies, and all the weapons ran fine. The agencies in question did submit an order for Sionics weapons.

Full disclosure: I'm a mod at M4C. The staff here at P-F is well aware of that. I know the mod that Rob is making the innuendos about. He's an honest veteran who spent many years serving his country overseas as a member of the US military, and for years as a civilian contractor in combat zones. For years. He has served his country honorably on multiple tours, and is welcome in my home any time.

But conspiracies always sound sexier than facts.

I also have a BCM that doesn't allow insertion of a P Mag without a struggle. Have noted the same issue with a few more lowers (can't recall brand). All is fine with NHMTG mags.

This thread could be named ….. Need a magazine that I can count on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've assembled a dozen or so patrol rifles for fellow co-workers and all of them using complete BCM lowers. None of the lowers cared much for Gen3 PMAGS. I run strictly Lancer or USGI aluminum mags without any issues.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 06-25-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Odd, I never had that issue with the BCMs, lucky I guess.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I also have a BCM that doesn't allow insertion of a P Mag without a struggle. Have noted the same issue with a few more lowers (can't recall brand). All is fine with NHMTG mags.

This thread could be named ….. Need a magazine that I can count on.
    Gen 2 PMAGs won't drop free from my Noveske N4 lower, nor will they lock when loaded with 30 rounds onto a closed bolt on any of my ARs. If I wasn't stuck on the AUG these days I'd probably be buying Lancers or Troys.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

My DDM4 is about impossible to get a mag in with 28 rounds. Does that mean something is wrong with the rifle and I should try different mags? Never really thought about it much.

User Tag List