Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a lower receiver that I can count on.

I exclusively use aluminum NHMTG.

I wouldn't give up on BCM just yet, Paul Buffoni has always been a good guy in my book. If I were in your shoes, I'd put my complaint on paper, mail it to BCM and ask that it gets forwarded to Paul. See what happens, the worst case scenario is that you get told no.

Please check your PM's when you have a chance. I might be able to assist.

Thanks, and stay safe.

Sionics weapon systems has been getting some pretty good reviews over at M4C, with some pretty knowledgable folks endorsing or working with them. They're from my state, and pretty competitively priced for a mil-spec lower. I'll be picking one up next month to use on my BCM upper, but I don't have any first hand experience with them yet. May be worth looking into.

- Cole

I bought a Sionics complete lower to go with my BCM upper. Seems just fine, price was right and it came with the VLTOR A5 system and ALG QMS trigger. Happy with it so far but the rifle's only got a couple hundred rounds through it at this point. Haven't tried any Gen3 PMAGs either.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

My favorite plastic mags for the AR are the TangoDown ARC mags. They fit and function in every lower I've tried, including BCM and a friend's no-name lower that would not run PMAGs. I ran them through a course several years ago, pouring rain for two days; a real mudbath. TD's worked great, even covered in mud.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    My favorite plastic mags for the AR are the TangoDown ARC mags. They fit and function in every lower I've tried, including BCM and a friend's no-name lower that would not run PMAGs. I ran them through a course several years ago, pouring rain for two days; a real mudbath. TD's worked great, even covered in mud.
    I assume you are talking about the Mk2 ARC mags. The mk 2's seem to be GTG, however I had serious issues with the original ARC mags. They would not function in multiple colt and LMT M-4s and ARs. I mention this because there may still be some of the originals floating around.

You can always count on this one for a good chuckle!

Seriously though, I am a huge fan of MEGA. That would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Aero Precision is one of the best out there. HOWEVER, I think they still make OEM lowers for BCM, so you may not be happy with that route. They also made Colt's for a long time, fwiw.

On another note, I really like Magpul products, but their mags are really at the low end of the market. TangoDown Arc mags, or aluminum GI are what I prefer.
    Why the ARC mags? ARC 2, or just ARC? What is so good about them in comparison? Sorry, I'm just not really familiar with.

After reading this thread yesterday, I dug a couple of new gen 3 Pmags out and tried them in both a newer BCM lower and a second one of older vintage. The mags (a couple examples) fit/lockup in both. Just FWIW. I'd get ahold of Paul directly.

t

User Tag List