Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need a lower receiver that I can count on.

My experience with PMAG's, Gen 1 and 3-

BCM upper on a Spikes lower. No issues.

Bushmaster upper receiver with quality parts attached on a Spikes lower- No issues

BCM upper receiver with DD barrel and BCG on a Spikes lower- No issues

In the future, don't take no for an answer. Ask to speak to his boss and go higher until you get the answer that you want. In this case the customer should be right.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I also like certain Magpul products and still have a couple pre-production pmags. I currently own scores of pmags but I don't personally use them. I have not really cared for pmags from the get go. I took a lot of heat back in the day after pmags took the scene by storm and I still stated that I prefered USGI mags. People almost wanted to burn you at the stake for holding that opinion. I do like the magpul followers and base plates and use them. I will note that I have had some early pmag issues in some lowers and a little blending work fixed it, but not everyone will do that or want that done to their lower and I fully get that. I used to tease one of the fellas that they really developed the magpul "chamber check" and rotation or "flip" of the rifle to get the pmag to come out of the weapon without needing to use your support hand to pull the damn thing out.

For myself, I am a bit of a Noveske lower guy and have a lot of them that I have fully built and several that are still stripped. I get them at a great price, but I really do like the Gen2 FFL. I don't own any BCM lowers, but I do have several barrels from them and other parts. I don't know Paul but have had no bad experiences with BCM or more so never had the need to contact them, which is a positive.

I will note that I own 3 cerakoted upper and lower sets from sionics and one barrel. 2 sets are built and one is still just the stripped upper / lower set. All of these items are top notch. I also like the moderator from M4C who is affiliated with Sionics and he has been nothing but a stand up guy from my own personal experiences. I have talked with the owner of Sionics on a few occasions and he has also been nothing but positive.

Just to add, I have a sionics lower (mated with a noveske upper) that has been great over the past 1k rounds or so. I was satisfied enough with the lower that, like Surf, I also bought one of the upper and lower sets, though I haven't done anything with it as yet.

Just to clarify, I have no problem with the guy over there. I visit that forum often, and hold that moderator in high regards. I don't personally know him, but from what I've read from him and about him, he seems like a stand-up guy. That being said, I'm a little skeptical in general so when I first heard about Sionics from sunken invested in them posting about them I was a little unsure. However, like I said earlier there are plenty of great reviews from other sources that back him up in addition to his own good reputation. It sure seems like a great company with a stand up guy endorsing them and depending on availability/cost vs BCM I'd have confidence going with one of their lowers for my own use.

I read that the NHMTG 30 round mags with Magpul followers have been discontinued -- any idea why?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I read that the NHMTG 30 round mags with Magpul followers have been discontinued -- any idea why?
    Supposedly they are being bought by a competitor / re- branded.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Necropsy and didn't realize it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Necropsy and didn't realize it.
    They are now OK Surefeed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They are now OK Surefeed.
    Thanks. Yes, that is what I posted and realized I was replying to a years old thread. Did a search (unrelated topic) and somehow failed to realize I was looking at old info.

User Tag List