Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Power GP100

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yes, the frame has been polished. The front of the trigger guard is also stippled, which I am not a big fan of as I do not wrap a finger around that area.
    Well, that tears it. It's trash. I'll take it off your hands so you don't have to deal with that trigger guard issue. I'll even pay shipping, just because I'd hate for you to deal with the trauma of owning it any longer. See, I run a home for Ruger revolvers where they can play and frolic with their own kind. It'll be happier here, and you won't have that stippling upsetting you any longer.

Side note: I want to not like those grips as I generally don't do the multi-color thing on anything. But they are really sweet looking. Congrats on a really nice..err, I mean, a sorta ok gun that was totally screwed up.

The grips are on clearance at Midway. As soon as they popped up on sale I had to have them as a sign. I will admit they look much better on guns like my original GP100 open gun that was parkerized and my Hans Vang custom Super Blackhawk that is also parkerized.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Nyeti, thanks for sharing a magnificent piece with us. On your trigger return spring issue, have you tried using the heavier of the 2 Wolff GP100 trigger return springs, the 10 lb one? It sounds like you have the 8 lb one in it right now.

Best, Jon

My desire for my first revolver grows with every post you make. Wish I knew what to look for and what to get.

Deer hunting with service sized guns is fun and challenging, I can highly recommend it.......

Name:  DeadDoe.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  62.3 KB
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    My desire for my first revolver grows with every post you make. Wish I knew what to look for and what to get.
    The GP100 Wiley Clapp or Match Champion guns are a great starting place. Ruger is once again selling the Compact Lett grips which are my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The GP100 Wiley Clapp or Match Champion guns are a great starting place. Ruger is once again selling the Compact Lett grips which are my favorite.
    I just put a deposit down on a Match Champion. I've handled and shot a few MC's and 686 SSR's looking for a 4 inch "work horse" revolver and the Rugers have consistently had better/ smoother actions.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I just put a deposit down on a Match Champion. I've handled and shot a few MC's and 686 SSR's looking for a 4 inch "work horse" revolver and the Rugers have consistently had better/ smoother actions.
    IMHO the Lett grips/GP100 grip stud off a much more comfortable grip compared to traditional revolver frame/grip options. Hot 125gr magnum loads are fun, not punishing out of my 3" GP's. I cannot say the same for my old 681PC 4" Quad Port.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Nyeti, thanks for sharing a magnificent piece with us. On your trigger return spring issue, have you tried using the heavier of the 2 Wolff GP100 trigger return springs, the 10 lb one? It sounds like you have the 8 lb one in it right now.

Best, Jon
    The last thing I am going to do is get inside a full house Ron Power gun and touch anything.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The insides of a GP100 are shockingly simple.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List