Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Power GP100

Ron Power GP100

My first full no holds barred custom competition revolver was a wicked Ruger GP100 built by my friend TJ at TJ's custom gun works. I would actually stand up on its muzzle, had an incredible action and had a PPC style rib that also took rings and I ran a very early Aimpoint on it. I ran a ton of speed steel with it and won a lot of trophies. I was THE only guy shooting a Ruger. It was parkerized and very distinctive with Hogue camo lamo grips. It is in my book of tears and I have tried to locate it to buy it back.
    Recently, I was told of a guy selling a full house, logo'd Ron power custom Gp100. I contacted the seller and made a deal. After I got the gun, I ordered some camo lamo Hogues, and I am back in the Gp100 love. The action is great like my other one, and the gun feels terrific. Wayne has already said it is going on his next deer hunt as he wants to kill Bambi with it. I could not be more pleased.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Congrats! That's another beautiful piece. I'm jealous.

Oh my gosh DB I've never really been interested in revolvers until you started posting pics of all that revo amazingness. Between this pistol and that Smython I won't be able to stop dreaming about revolvers.

Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

That's hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Oh my gosh DB I've never really been interested in revolvers until you started posting pics of all that revo amazingness. Between this pistol and that Smython I won't be able to stop dreaming about revolvers.

Rick
    I am waiting for some Nill grips for the Python and the Frank Glen Model 28 and I ll get those up, along with the 586-1 Target Champion.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Beautiful and you can shoot it almost all you want without it going out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Beautiful and you can shoot it almost all you want without it going out of time.
    I have had lots of Ruger's over the years, and that is a huge benefit. This thing locks up like a vault, and has a very smooth, action. The only thing I don't like is it is a little light on the trigger return, but that is often a price with these things.

It's hard to tell in that photo, but does this revolver have a high polish to the finish?

A great DA trigger pull on a revolver is truely a thing of beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    It's hard to tell in that photo, but does this revolver have a high polish to the finish?

A great DA trigger pull on a revolver is truely a thing of beauty!
    Yes, the frame has been polished. The front of the trigger guard is also stippled, which I am not a big fan of as I do not wrap a finger around that area.

N...I...C...E...

User Tag List