Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: LAV bans AIWB for his courses

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    But when I can't go anywhere in traffic and a dude is approaching my car purposefully ,in an area where armed attacks have been occurring recently , I'd rather chance holstering a hot gun when it turn out to be a false alarm than be unnecessarily behind the reaction curve.

"Car gun", bud; immediately to hand in the door pocket, etc. But I suppose that, for one reason or another, that's not an option for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    "Car gun", bud; immediately to hand in the door pocket, etc. But I suppose that, for one reason or another, that's not an option for you?

Needs based licensing. Safe storage laws. Potential Prison sentence for merely leaving a gun unattended in a car , not only if it's stolen, but leaving it unattended. These are a few of me least favorite things

On body it has to be. I can draw in a car strong side, but it's much easier AIWB. Especially when you drive right hand drive cars.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I'm skeptical of how well that would work because either the shooter has to angle his muzzle outward (closer to a person next to them) or they turn sideways when they holster. Both seem likely to lead to problems with a line of shooters.
    But not, as GJM notes, while alone or in an environment that is not necessarily folks in a row. As I'm sure someone has pointed out, some of this is situational/environmental (like LR vs 'temple index'. for another convoluted ex.). Because of your videos, and my choice of 4 o'clock IWB, I will be looking closely at my return, and possibly adopting a bit of AIWB mojo (or not, jury is out still). What the heck, I have the time; I am not generally in a hurry to get the gat put away. Your vid was an eye-opener; I look forward to any follow up clips controlling for muzzle travel inside the kydex vs. "little Mr. White".

Site Supporter
    Given in many states, there are locations that ban carry - you have the option of being unarmed for the entire trip or leaving the gun in car. Yes, it should be safely stores but saying that guns cannot be left in an unattended is not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Needs based licensing. Safe storage laws. Potential Prison sentence for merely leaving a gun unattended in a car , not only if it's stolen, but leaving it unattended. These are a few of me least favorite things

On body it has to be. I can draw in a car strong side, but it's much easier AIWB. Especially when you drive right hand drive cars.
    Ah. Just noticed your location. I understand your situation; keep fighting the good fight.

GJM,

Why not use something like the Double Diamond Guide Holster when flying?

I have one for a 629, and a variety of Survival Sheath rigs. I just prefer AIWB, as I put it on in the morning, and mostly wear it all day. Doesn't flop around running, draw attention, compete with real estate my vest takes up, or cause me to have to handle guns in and out of the plane.

What I do want now, is a hammer, thumb safety or both in aircraft.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like your HK 45 super wins on that one GJM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Well I got my JM Custom AIWB BHP rig this weekend. So yes I am carrying my BHP today AWIB. I will say I find a lot more comfortable seated either in the car, or at a desk at work.
    I'm not 100% comfortable carrying a gun without a WML - but.

My previous AIWB had been mostly VG2 with my Shield, and some G19 and M&P with VG2's, as well as some other holsters. I did around 200 dry fire draws this weekend, and then ran around can cut up a tree outside on Sunday to validate the method prior to wearing this setting outside the home zone.
    My wife told me point blank I shoot off my junk - I'm getting a divorce

Looking at video of my drawing, and re-holstering - the pistol does not lase my body during any portion. The biggest point I notice is the design at the quality of the holster plays a significant aspect to AIWB (which is true anywhere).
    Also my draw times are significantly faster AIWB from concealment that they are with my standard IWB 3:00 carry. - not bad for a day of practice versus many years at 3:00
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I shot from AIWB a good bit yesterday also paying particular attention to first moment finger moves inside the triggerguard vs 3:00 carry. With the AIWB starting out in front of you I concluded that it is a more foolproof draw insofar as avoiding any flagging of legs/feet/ etc when pushing speed than from the 3:00 position. That that one ever should get in the trigger guard too early of course. The subject of a couple other good threads this year. But AIWB seem inherently safer in this aspect. Once that muzzle is out it's going forward instead of past/alongside you.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List