Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: LAV bans AIWB for his courses

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The LAV is smarter than he looks -- live fire appendix in a large group you don't know well, is the shooting equivalent of unprotected sex.
    Lol truth

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The LAV is smarter than he looks -- live fire appendix in a large group you don't know well, is the shooting equivalent of unprotected sex with that chick you picked up in Phenix City.
    FIFY

(Or Killeen, Fayette Nam TDC, E-Town...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

As mentioned, with unknown students on large lines & its his class(es), his decision makes perfect sense.

It's his class, I can respect that.

I've received instruction from Nyeti and was prepared to take the class OWB which is not how I carry. Did I like that fact? No, but I sure as hell wanted the great instruction so I did what I had to do to get it. AIWB was used only after I was evaluated to be safe, which is appreciated.

BTW Nyeti when is that robbery class?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Our range is under water right now. We are going to try for November when we can establish dates.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Our range is under water right now. We are going to try for November when we can establish dates.
    Sounds like your missing an opportunity for summer amphibious tactical training.

Site Supporter
    The San Antonio matches have been rained out for ages! I've almost been trapped at a range by thunderstorm. One guy, another time, stayed behind safe time in a storm and had to climb on the range house to avoid doing his Aquaman imitation.

The LAV is smarter than he looks -- live fire appendix in a large group you don't know well, is the shooting equivalent of unprotected sex.
    Greatest line ever - but after than - no kind of sex ever!

I think it is quite sensible for classes with wide variability. Having some idiot almost put a 45 ACP in my foot, I appreciate the risks. Not an AIWB but I was taking a Givens class and there was a guy who had training supposedly from the Coast Guard (no offense to them, that's what he said). He would draw his 1911 and to rack it, hold it parallel to his body and pointed down the line. When he did that, you saw a line of the bearded and bellied step back like nimble Rocketts. He did it again after Tom warned him and then was spoken to.

We've had about 4 Serpa shots here over the years. A recent 3 gun match had a shoot - http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ge-what-to-do/

Not to start a Serpa diversion - just a general comment that Vickers seems sensible.

So, according to this https://www.facebook.com/26783811325...c_location=ufi Seems like a few things going wrong here.

However, what seems to be a factor is that GSW was caused by a "9mm Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion." Which, is a TDA pistol.

Also, The The Academy of Saint Crispian (TASC) states that "Full recovery of patient, was discharged from hospital the following day."

So, wasn't a SFA pistol. And, according to the thread use of a Izzie and other great TCCC at the scene were extremely helpful to the survival of the patient.

Site Supporter
    Link didn't work.

Site Supporter
    Works fine for me.

User Tag List