Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody here know a lot about Sigs?

Anybody here know a lot about Sigs?

lookimg for knowledge on sig handguns. My buddy bought a P220 extreme and let me shoot a mag through it. It was the most AMAZING thing ever. I'm sure it wasn't really but it felt like it, this wouldn't be the first or 4th gun I've bought saying it's perfect after shooting a buddies then finding out I hate it after I buy it..

The problem is, I just about refuse to buy a .45. No real reason other than I don't want too. I want to stay 9mm. BUT! I need the EXACT same frame and trigger as the 220 had but in 9mm. Not really wanting to do the whole conversion thing dog now offers. Is there another model out there that has the same frame? Or really really close?

A 225 is a single stack 9mm. Not the exact frame. But probably closer to 220 feel than a double stacked 226 frame...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I think I fondled a 226 (might have been a 229) but it was really small. Like glock 19ish?

229 is smaller than a 226, but not by much. Not much at all.

Asking about a 220 like grip in a 9mm, leads me to believe you wanted a flatter/slimmer grip. Hence, the 225 suggestion.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Yea I LOVED the 220. Absolutely only thin I'd change is caliber. I'll look into the 225. Didn't know the 220 was "slimmer"

Go fondle the P226. It's what your looking for.
    David S.

Only gun I found that felt like my 220 was the 225 (or the rare 9mm 220)

The P220 was originally a 9mm. You might be able to track down an older model on Gunbroker (or the Browning roll-marked BDA). These will most likely have the European style magazine release on the heel.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thanks guys. Gonna take a look at all these options!

What Gadfly said. 225 is probably the closest 9mm to a 220-45;but, I advise you shoot one before you buy one. I owned one and hated it. I like the Sig classic series and still own a 226, but I hated the 225. And there was a single stack 220-9mm, but I think the mag release was in the heel. In fact, IIRC, the 220-9mm was the original.

User Tag List