Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One sight picture for everything

One sight picture for everything

So not to ruin someone else's thread, why do people use multiple types of sights at once? Is someone who uses one type such as fiber optic at more of an advantage then someone who uses all black or fiber to game but night sights for carry? I would say that someone who sticks with one will be at an advantage if they have to use them under stress

This is a thing to worry about? What about different sights on different weapons: pistol, rifle, shotgun? Will I somehow forgot how to line the dots/circles/bumps up with the other dots/circles/bumps when things go sideways??

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    This is a thing to worry about? What about different sights on different weapons: pistol, rifle, shotgun? Will I somehow forgot how to line the dots/circles/bumps up with the other dots/circles/bumps when things go sideways??
    I hope you can tell the difference between a rifle, pistol, and shot gun...We argue about carrying in one spot why are sights on pistol different

Not sure of which other thread you are referring to, so I may have missed the back story. I can see (pun intended) how different sights could lead to visual confusion. Different dot sizes, relationship of distance between FS dot and top edge, hi-vis vs blacked out. I get it. I personally use the top edge as my default reference when shooting, especially on someone else's gun. I can maintain consistency better and it works for me. I like a defined edge. I use drive the dot under limited conditions, as I find my eyesight just doesn't mesh well with it. I keep searching for the edge and it slows me down.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I've switched all my Glock's to TCAP's. I use them for everything. Was running fiber's on a couple, but prefer having the same sights on them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've switched all my Glock's to TCAP's. I use them for everything. Was running fiber's on a couple, but prefer having the same sights on them all.
    That's what I'm taking about.That makes perfect sense to me

Site Supporter
    Warren Tac...everything from Glocks to 1911s, but that's only a matter of preference. Perhaps a greater concern is having differing POA/POIs

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I hope you can tell the difference between a rifle, pistol, and shot gun...We argue about carrying in one spot why are sights on pistol different
    So you have to run the same sights on every kind of projectile weapon you own?

For the past several years I have used a 10-8 RS and Dawson Tritium FS .125 wide. I have passed on several purchases because that exact combo was not offered. Last month I switched to a FO FS that is .100 wide. The increase in accuracy and speed has been dramatic across a range of performance standards. I plan on continuing to evaluate that combo and make the switch if it works in the long run.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    So you have to run the same sights on every kind of projectile weapon you own?
    ? That's not what I said.

User Tag List