Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Took my G34 with Warren/Sevigny sight combo (.245 front fiber optic) to the range today. I was horrible. I couldn't get a good sight picture quickly like I can with Trijicon HDs or other three dot sights. About 200 rds down range today and I left feeling defeated.

I bought this gun for IDPA/USPSA and everyone recommends FOs for them.

Anyone else have a hard time transitioning from 3 dots to fibers? Any tips? Should I just go back to HDs and be done with it? Will HDs suffice for USPSA?
Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Focus is on the front sight, but it's just harder to visually pick up than the bright glowing orange orb of the HD. I had the green FO in today and swapped it for a red when I got home. We'll see if that helps.
Just relaying personal experience here:
My target/game gun is a G34. it came with the Glock adjustable rear and a Hi-viz front.....absolutely horrible.

All I knew was 3-dot or solid black, and thru a buddy I was introduced to 10-8 sights. The front was FO, rear a U notch. They came with red and green FO that you installed yourself. I went red.
What I found was that a red FO created a flare effect, where the green did not.
I shot with them for about 2 months, but never really was impressed with the accuracy I was achieving, compared to the traditional 3-dot.

I purchased a set of Proctor's Y sights, and installed them with a green FO. Accuracy in my case has been night and day. The sight picture is excellent, and there's really not alot of room in the sight picture for air, if you know what I mean.
since using the Proctors, my scores have gone up, and times down. Is it just the sights, probably not, but they are working better FOR ME than the 10-8 setup.
Background:
Shooting all my life, primarily any competition was always Bullseye, with a Smith K38....full black bullseye sights.
In my 50's
Failing eyes.
New to IDPA/run and gun games.