Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kalashnikov pistol

New Kalashnikov pistol

Stumbled across this:
    Kalashnikov Unveils Futuristic New Pistol for Russian Army - OutdoorHub

Kalashnikov Concern, the Russian firearms manufacturer that produces the popular AK series of automatic rifles, announced a new 9x19mm service pistol for the Russian military at at a technical forum held in Kubinka, just outside of Moscow, on Wednesday.

According to a press release from the company, the “PL-14″ pistol, or “Lebedev pistol” as it is named after its designer, was developed by a team composed of Russian special forces and IPSC competitive shooters. Some of the most distinguishing characteristics of the handgun include its futuristic shape and its abnormally thin slide—only .82 inches wide.

“The versatility of our new pistol allows to use it not only as a military weapon for the military forces and police, but also as a pistol for different shooting competitions,” said Kalashnikov CEO Alexey Krivoruchko. “We intend to produce different variants of the pistol, for example, with certain characteristics of the trigger mechanism for special forces units, as well as a civilian version with trigger that would be suitable for practical shooting competitions as well.”
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Looks cool!

haha it does look pretty cool -- like something straight out of the Fallout games. I wonder how it'll hold up!

Cool, indeed. Some very interesting design parameters on that puppy.

9X19, eh? Looks like Ivan finally got over his phobia against using the same ammo everybody else does. This in 9X18 would be a travesty.

Ah good. Just in time to enter the XM17 MHS competition...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Ah good. Just in time to enter the XM17 MHS competition...
    LOL.

Site Supporter
    Is that a polymer frame pistol with wood grips?

The article said it looked like it, but no confirmation.
    Many observers have commented on what appeared to be wooden grips on the prototype model of the Pl-14, which some believe may be for aesthetic appeal.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Wood grips, two thirds of the slide contained inside the frame rails, one third outside (with the extra steel at the muzzle end to help control muzzle flip), <1" wide slide, and can you say LOW BORE AXIS.

This guy gives it 10/10 would shoot!

-Rob

I've been thinking about this thing since I posted earlier and I really want one. Thing looks sweet. I hope it becomes real.

User Tag List