Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: reholstering

reholstering

I'm no high speed; low drag guy nor am I a cop so speed reholstering is out of the question for me. I could see some very specific LEO situations where getting a gun put away and performing some other manual task is needed; but that isn't my world. The reasons why I'd need to quickly put a gun away are cause the cops have shown up and I don't want to be ventilated. In that case I'm dropping that thing ASAFP. Couple of dents and scratches will just add character to the gun. In a training environment I'd just slow down and skip half the repetitions if the instructor was unaware enough to not adjust. If they are truly unsafe and demanding I keep up I'd pack up and leave. No amount of class fee is worth hurting myself or someone else with an ND cause someone feels the need to speed reholster.

Site Supporter
    Why are we holstering? Typically it’s because the threat doesn’t need the pistol pointed at it anymore. As a former “high speed” guy, we were taught to look before holstering. By look, I mean a quick glance. Reluctantly prepare the pistol to be holstered by moving it towards the holster and then quickly glance as the pistol is replaced. Awareness is key.

Thank you all, I enjoyed the conversation and all the points of view.
    Sportingly

User Tag List